Hubby brings home a cat....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
In May, hubby brought home an orange male tabby cat. Of course, he had it in the car and just let it loose...I told him you need to bring kitty inside to acclimate him to the new environment....
default_gaah.gif
:arg!

We searched for the kitty and could not find him for months. My neighbor called at the end of August and said she found and orange male tabby that had been hanging out at her house and he needed a home or else he would go to the pound. Hubby said "Sparky is back!"

Of course, I went to get him. A young looking, pretty intact male tabby he was and he was friendly. He was relegated to the basement and was slowly integrated with my female Siamese (neutered). I made the appointment for shots and neutering and in the meantime, Sparky decided to bite the Siamese but I took the brunt of the bite in my hand. The teeth went into my hand joints and I needed to peel Sparky off my hand.

As cat bites do, it was infected in less than 24 hours. I was put on augmentin and in another 24 hours, the infection was worse. I went to the hospital, found out we needed to do a bite report and found out that Sparky was not Sparky - he was an imposter! 10 days of quarantine to rule out Rabies in the cat (and the Rabies shots for me) and more antibiotics. Sparky was neutered, had his shots and is a much nicer, indoor kitty.

Not able to post as often as the computer went to college with Andy but I am fine and Sparky is fine and he gets along with my Siamese.

Denise

default_new_shocked.gif
Holy Cow! Did you post about your hand infection when it happened? I think I remember something about that.... And how did you find out it was an imposter? curious minds want to know. LOL. Glad your hand is better, and I am sorry you had to go through with those darn rabies shots. I know those are no fun at all......

Luckily no Rabies shots for me but Sparky II got his and neutered. That will teach him to bite me!

He is actually a sweet cat. My hubby swore it was the same cat but when we called the former owner to get the vaccination records, we found out Sparky I was vaccinated and neutered. Sparky II was a well-endowed kitty.

The odd thing is, hubby is always saying "No more animals." So it was funny to see him fuss over this kitty.

I don't remember if I posted on this but I am glad it all had a happy ending.

Computer goes back to school today with Andy...otherwise, all is well at Silversong Farm.

Dee

Oh wow!!!

What an experience
default_sad.png
:(
default_sad.png

I'm happy you and Sparky are "on the mend".

I was wondering if you were going to say you got Cat Scratch Fever from him! It's a real disease. I got it when I was a kid. I was always taking care of stray cats and one must have given it to me.

Latest posts

Back