How would you feel if . . .

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious - why did it take 8 months to settle this?

From the original protest in July we had to wait for the hearing in November. We offered several times to take him to be remeasured prior to nationals, we offered to take him to Nationals and have him measured there too. At the hearing in November, we had to wait to see if the board would allow for a remeasurement. They later came back and said we could do it during December. I explained that I worked two jobs and both companies noted December black out month for vacation until after the first of the year. I was contacted and gave the association dates to choose from in January.

Ten days prior to the remeasurement I was told those days would not work for the association. I then had to go back and find more dates for the remeasurement. That put me into February. Then I had a problem because I was told they wanted to measure him at a truck stop. I refused because I was not taking a pony and a four year old child to a truck stop to have a remeasurement. A date was finally picked and a location that was safe was also picked. February 28, 2010.

I finally received my notice today, (dated) March 22, 1010 of the results from that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh; Definatly my worst nightmare... I feel like having a 37" horse is "pushing it" seeing as a 37" horse probably measures somewhere around 38 or a bit over on top of their wither; and no one knows where the steward is going to creep up on them.. It is just REALLY annoying that everyone measures differant what if it's someone who wants your horse out so frustrating
default_wacko.png
My girl measured 4 measurements last season.. 36.75" , 36.00", 36.5" and 35.75" like that is inaccurate..
default_rolleyes.gif
I feel so bad for you honestly to have to go through getting him remeasured as well and it just hurts that someone would go out of their way to protest a 10yr old horse.. ridiculous
default_unsure.png
I hate politics..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh; Definatly my worst nightmare... I feel like having a 37" horse is "pushing it" seeing as a 37" horse probably measures somewhere around 38 or a bit over on top of their wither; and no one knows where the steward is going to creep up on them.. It is just REALLY annoying that everyone measures differant what if it's someone who wants your horse out so frustrating
default_wacko.png
My girl measured 4 measurements last season.. 36.75" , 36.00", 36.5" and 35.75" like that is inaccurate..
default_rolleyes.gif
I feel so bad for you honestly to have to go through getting him remeasured as well and it just hurts that someone would go out of their way to protest a 10yr old horse.. ridiculous
default_unsure.png
I hate politics..
But get this . . . . the mini was leased to a family so their 3 year old child would have a leadline pony to show. Just a day before the child turned 4, this protest took place. Granted the breeding stallion was gelded a couple of weeks before the first show (still hormonal) he made his first qualification. Two weeks later to make his second qualification (still a bit hormonal to be used as a leadline, but much quieter), but they were not allowed to finalize the qualification with the child which they had scheduled to go a final show before the cut off for nationals. This mini can perform halter, driving, jumping, liberty, etc. They took him and put him in only one class at each show for the qualification.
default_no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back