How to get the papers??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!! This registration stuff is hard to follow. I believe I will try to just get the papers right on the 2 mares, and leave the foals as WC....i was told Carolina Belle is 37 inches which makes her outgrow her AMHA ??? correct? I will measure them both when I get them home next weekend to make sure before going through a lot of hassle . Neither are brought permanent either. I am going to contact the previous owners to see if they will help me. All in all, I still love the look of these mares, and I believe they can produce nice foals... Thanks everyone for your research!!! It is greatly appreciated!!
default_smile.png

Yes AMHA horses can only measure 34 inches and under, so that means you dont have to worry about those papers. good luck with your new additions!

Wow!!! This registration stuff is hard to follow. I believe I will try to just get the papers right on the 2 mares, and leave the foals as WC....i was told Carolina Belle is 37 inches which makes her outgrow her AMHA ??? correct? I will measure them both when I get them home next weekend to make sure before going through a lot of hassle . Neither are brought permanent either. I am going to contact the previous owners to see if they will help me. All in all, I still love the look of these mares, and I believe they can produce nice foals... Thanks everyone for your research!!! It is greatly appreciated!!
default_smile.png
I'm just going to state my opinion, as with out UTD and current registration papers, I don't think these horses should be bred. Even horses of absolute exceptional quality truly shouldn't be bred without a purpose and registration papers.

It does not sound like an ideal situation at all. I would have RUN AWAY from the seller.

I've had the "dream horse" that was unregistered. I would never wish that on to anyone ever.
default_no.gif

I looked at pictures of the horses, and I am sorry, but they are not breeding or show quality.

There is no market for unregistered horses, essentially that is what WC is, no better than unregistered.

When you can go out like I just did and buy a young double registed mare with the top bloodlines in the breed, in foal with a live foal guarantee for $300, why in the world would you want to spend money on horses with no papers and then breed them when they are pet quality?

I know that this is harsh, but it is true.

I wish you all the best whatever you choose to do, but If I were you, I would walk away from this "deal". It is going to cost you a lot of money in care and upkeep that you won't have a chance to recoup, and if you want to show, then unregistered horses aren't going to help you there, either.

She has said she already has the mares. I agree with many of you, its very unfortuanate that these registered mares have lost their papers, glad they are at a good home, unfortuantly this WCMHR breeder is in reality breeding unregistered miniatures that aren't even suitable to be bred.

Good luck if you can get the papers.

I have already put down money on these mares and picking them up next weekend- $350 for each mom/ foal pair, and $250 for a bay tobiano yearling filly. I actually thought it was a pretty good deal- I cant seem to find the $300 AMHA and R registered mares in my neck of the woods..I was assuming they did have those papers and just didnt send them in.
default_sad.png
the filly Belle had 3 days ago-the paint, and the colt roselee had last month

my new baby!!.jpg

colt.JPG

I have already put down money on these mares and picking them up next weekend- $350 for each mom/ foal pair, and $250 for a bay tobiano yearling filly. I actually thought it was a pretty good deal- I cant seem to find the $300 AMHA and R registered mares in my neck of the woods..I was assuming they did have those papers and just didnt send them in.
default_sad.png
There sure aren't AMHA/AMHR registered mares in my area for that price either. And, if I were to find them somewhere else, by the time I add on transport, they are right up there with the price of locally available registered minis.

I hate to say it, but I will, you get what you are willing to pay for. In this case you have paid for a lot of trouble, in paper work and extra fees and time. And! Then it may not even work out! This kind of breeder/seller makes the good ones look really bad. It costs a good breeder more then $300 just to get the foal on the ground, not to mention the other costs. Hope it works out for you, and I wish you luck. I really don't mean to sound all gloom and doom, but this thread just got to me. So flame away guys! Got my suit on.
default_sad.png
default_sad.png

default_sad.png
I wouldn't expect to buy any registered and/or show and/or breeding horse for under $500.

To get these horses brought to permanent registration with a real registry, it is likely going to cost you more than $350 for each horse.

Buying from good, honest breeders/sellers is the best thing for everyone all round.

Also, are these the two mare you said were "overo"? They look plain Tobiano to me, were they tested LWO+?

I wish you the best with all these new horses, hope you can get papers on them too.

If the one horse is over 34" then A papers are a mute point and can't be done. The only thing they MIGHT be good for is to use to hardship the mare into R.

Hardshipping into A is very expensive, then you would have to hardship into R from those papers if the horse has neither, or was R only (and qualifies for A)

I agree, I would not have touched this deal with a 50 foot pole. What a nightmare. I dont think the seller sounded quite up front. Yes, the A papers may have come with the one mare, but I see why they were 'thrown away' is because the horse is not A sized and cannot go permanent anyhow. So she claimed the horses were papered, but sounds like there is problems with all of them regarding papers.

Could you have a conversation with this "breeder" and explain the whole situation and perhaps she would give you back your money and the horses could stay with her. Unfortunately, you are learning some pretty tough lessons here but as I always tell my kids that something good always comes from something bad. You will NEVER make this mistake again. Next time, ask to see all paperwork upfront and check for yourself that they are up to date. Sorry, that this happened to you and best of luck getting things resolved. Chin up.
default_smile.png

I went back and read the first post and some of the responses. I'm going out on a limb here, but maybe since the horses have different farm prefixes in their names that it is not the orginal breeder/sellers fault. Purhaps the horses were sold to a flipper since the orginal breeders are listed on the temporary papers, according to the registries. Maybe if you could contact the orginal sellers and work with them they could apply for duplicate copies and send them to you with transfers. Of course you would need to pay for this, and if not registered with AMHR but had AMHA papers then you could transfer them to AMHR at their cost. The prices are listed on their work order form listed on the web site. Good luck.

UPDATE- I spoke to the listed owners of these mares on the AMHR papers, and they agreed to help me get the R papers right on both of them.
default_aktion033.gif
Now ,what do I have to do to get them brought permanent??

That is great. Well you'll have to pay the late fee, which isn't much, I believe just $5 more and if they don't have pics on their papers you'll need to get pics of them.

Latest posts

Back