How much would you charge for clipping a mini?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erickson Miniature Horses

Reaction score
I've been pondering the idea of offering miniature horse clipping.

What do you think would be a reasonable price to charge for a full body clip? A trim (bridle path, ears, fetlocks, etc.)? Would you charge anything for doing stencils?

Everyone around here gets $100 to body clip and $150 if they need to bathe and dry the horse. Its extra if the mini doesn't stand quiet for clipping or an extra handler is needed. I think they get $40 to trim and I know a lady close to me who charges $2 a minute to do patterns, stencils etc. Whatever you charge, you need to ensure that you cover the cost of blade sharpening, oil and coolant. Also, you should figure out how long it takes you to do a clip, decide what a fair hourly wage is for you and aim to stay in that ballpark, otherwise, you'll be working for free. I have done this for people in the past, and it worked better if I went to their farm, as many people around here do not vaccinate/vet their horses and I will not let un vetted horses into my barn. You may want to draw up a liability waiver to protect yourself in the event of an incident. You cannot always trust people, even if you know them, things happen, and if you accidentally nick a horse while clipping, or it develops a rash or if you accidentally take too much hair off (or something of this nature) you don't want problems.

In May, I paid $75 per horse to have someone meet me at a show in VA. I had already done a preliminary body clip (no legs or faces) and they were bathed and ready when the person arrived. She spent at least an hour on each....possibly as much as 90 minutes with the one horse because she had to deal with the horse's anxiety.

For me, it was money well spent.

Last edited by a moderator:
In May, I paid $75 per horse to have someone meet me at a show in VA. I had already done a preliminary body clip (no legs or faces) and they were bathed and ready when the person arrived. She spent at least an hour on each....possibly as much as 90 minutes with the one horse because she had to deal with the horse's anxiety.

For me, it was money well spent.
I would say at least $75 per horse as well.

I would expect around £70 here.

I paid $100 to have mine clipped. He was bathed and ready to go. He is a good boy and stands for clipping too

Latest posts

Back