How much to feed easy keeper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPR

Reaction score
We just got a 45" pony gelding that is a VERY easy keeper. I really don't know how much hay to give him.? We have him with one mini and in the past 4 days, they have eaten down all the grass in their fenced area. This will probably eventually just turn to dirt and they'll be on a dry lot. I'm new to having equines at home, and really don't know how much hay to give them. The mini gelding is a VERY easy keeper too. The pony doesn't have a hay belly, but if I push my finger into him, he does have a layer of fat on him. The people we got him from said that when they got him, he was REALLY over weight. They slimed him down, but he is still pudgy.

I haven't yet learned how to post pictures or I would. I'll try to figure it out so I can, a little later.

ok id say just try an amout and see if that works for them im not sure...

on the pics how ever if you go to post a new post or topic above the box you type in theres a pic of a tree, go to that and put the imige URL in the pop up window then put ok or what ever that butten is and there you have a pic
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back