How many did the ring test and got what it said?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sphynx~n~minis

Reaction score
I am still waiting on my foal ...Any day now!......................A COLT............ So the ring test said....

Did anybody else have there foal yet and get what it said?

A few years back I tried it. Then I tried it on my husband. It said he was having a filly.
default_laugh.png
"She" hasn't made her appearance yet.
default_rolleyes.gif
default_impatient.jpg

I think it's just a fun thing to do...........just my opinion as I am sure others will say it works. BTW.......I am having a colt.
default_smokesmile.gif
This has got to be good.

I did it here for the first time ever--and it was 100% correct. I remember when my daughter and I did it--it took a while to get moving over Gypsy--but eventually went into an eclipse kind of movement--she had a little filly. When we moved it over Chloe--the ring immediately moved in a strong straight line--much stronger than over Gypsy--Chloe had a big colt. So--the strength of movement must determine the size of the foal too.
default_laugh.png
default_wink.png
I used my husband's wedding ring and green embroider thread.

I love the ring test...I did it this year several times and I was suppose to have 1 Filly and 2 Colts.

But....it was wrong.

I was blessed with ALL Fillies!!!!!

I've been doing it now for 3 years and it's been 100% correct. Even did it on a human baby and it was correct! One more to go this year so we'll see......
default_biggrin.png

So far it is 1/1 ... although if you think about it ... it only has a 50/50 chance of being right or wrong. So far so good though...

It was always 100 percent right for me. I worked for a horse vet too. he would sometime have me check the little ones to see if they were pregnant or the TB's just for fun to even see if they were pregnant before he would check them. Of course they all thought i was a little nuts, be I was always right. You can use anything from stud chains to necklaces. It all works, but then I can water witch too. It is all in the person doing the work.

Thank you for all the replies,,,, I was so hoping for a filly,,,,, but we have done the ring test a few times on our new mare after finding out she was in foal , and each time it always says COLT,,,, Last time we did it, it was swinging so much my fingers were actually tingling...... I'm glad my huband is never on the forum, so I can say,,,, He talks to the Belly every night.....
default_yes.gif

After all these years, I decided to try it today.

My little mare Wiley looks like she is going to explode any minute now.

I didn't have thread with me at the time I thought to do it.

Wiley has a really long mane and tail, so I took three long long hairs and tied them aroung my wedding ring.(it is an Irish Claddagh ring)

The hairs came untied and I spent 45 minutes searching the wood shavings looking for my ring!!!

Needless to say, when I finally found it, I didn't try again.

LOL!!!

Robin

Yes,,, mine said three fillies and I have two, and possibly a third coming. MAYBE... I am still on the fence if she is or isn't. Will let you know!!!

Well I should have kept my mouth shut. Thought I was getting a filly and got a colt!
default_rolleyes.gif

Mine said three fillies and I have two and the third mare has not foaled yet.
I dont know about useing a ring on a string but a nail on a string worked for me.It said Penny was having a filly and she did.I tried it on my other mare that was not in foal just to see what would happen the nail just hung on the string and never moved.

Mine said three fillies and I have two and the third mare has not foaled yet.
I dont know about useing a ring on a string but a nail on a string worked for me.It said Penny was having a filly and she did.I tried it on my other mare that was not in foal just to see what would happen the nail just hung on the string and never moved.
I actually use a nail too.

The person who told me about it said circle meant in foal and straight up the spine meant open.

I did have it just hang, and not move, and I am hoping that mare has been bred.

I would like to give this a try. Would someone tell me how to do it and what to look for, pretty please? I have 2 mares in foal one at 293 days and the other at 279. Thank you.

Hi,

This is how I did it, I took a gold ring (wedding band) and pulled a peice of my mares tail. I tied the ring to the hair and then went up the side of the horse having the ring touch the horse as it goes towards the back area of the horse near the hip area. Hold it about 3-4 inches above the back (above hip area center of back). Hold it there and it will start to move it it doesn't move (I guess no foal) I did try it on my gelding and it didn't move. If it goes in a circle then it is a filly. If it swings back and forth like a pendlum it is a colt..... let us know what you get.
default_smile.png
Good Luck.

Ok that was freaky cool stuff there. I used a thick gold wedding band on a thread.

Both these mares are Weefoal tested positive and looking very prego.

The mare that is 279 when I got to just in front of her hips that thing just took off swinging like a pendulum. Both my Husband and I saw it take off all by itself.

The second mare at 293 days. It started spining over her head I had to stop it 2 times, then moved down to her hips and it started to slowly spin.

A colt and a filly! Now just for 2 healthy babies.

That was just to cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did it last year with my first foal. While I knew I was going to get a filly before I even bred my mare I thought it would be fun to try it anyways. I tried it throughout her pregnancy. Each time telling me a filly. Well I got a filly!
default_laugh.png

Latest posts

Back