How long did your mare hold out?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attwoode

Reaction score
My mini mare is past due for her 3rd foal. The first was at 337, second was 347, and now 352+!

I'm thinking the cold weather and 8" of snow last week might have set her back a bit. How long did your mare go this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
My one mare in foal was a maiden and she went 352 days. If she had waited 13 hours more, I would have missed our first show of the season.

Our mares are going WAY over this year. We had one born at 370+. He was born looking like he was a couple months old, nursed right away and had teeth! I have one mare at 351 today but she always foals in the late 350s.

I had a foal born in '09 that came at 372 days
default_wacko.png

Your mare really isn't overdue; anything from 300 to 365+ can be considered normal for minis.

We have two that are from the LAST possible cover date at 337 days, and 357 from the first cover date (pasture bred). I'm seriously hoping tonight otherwise I may go into a sleep deprived coma and miss foaling completely.

I had one foal at 354 and I am waiting on one that is at 350. The longest I have ever had a mare go was 364 days. These mares are hand bred and I keep very good records.

Latest posts

Back