How do you tell someone...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christina_ski

Reaction score
That you like/love them? We talk on the phone sometimes, and sometimes on messenger. We help each other out on Facebook "mini games" as I call them. I just met him in Feb. but he has been on my mind ever since. When we first met we flirted back and forth, and just had fun being stupid that whole week(I was staying with his cousin, he was there too) I love his sense of humor, attitude, looks lol. I have not seen him in person since (he lives in OK) and I am losing my mind!!!!

I can not stop thinking of him, day and night, little things set it off. I don't know if he feels the same way and I am afriad to find out. I have never felt this way before and its all very confusing
default_wacko.png
I have had relationships before but they were flings or spur of the moment type deals. I don't want to jinx it but I feel like he is the one....

I kinda asked his cousin, my friend, what I should do (but didn't tell her how all I was feeling) and she said just let things happen, let him make the moves. I told another friend and she said I am putting too much into it and to just let things happen as well. Its hard to think of other things when I all I can think about is him 24/7!!! I even went as far as to tell my mom, who then told my dad and they both told me to move to OK to be closer to him.

So any suggestions/ideas? I don't want to just come out and say it, but have kinda been dancing around it with him for a few weeks now. I am not sure if he knows that or not.

Please help this love sick kid lol
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Maybe you need to go see him, and then face to face you can talk about what is happening and where you would like things to go! Good Luck

I have been married for 10 years, and still love my husband very much. It has been a LONG time since I have been where you are now. Let things happen, spend time with him and like h2t99 said, talk to him about where you guys want to go and see if you both agree. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't agree with let him make the moves
default_wub.png
I was the one to ask my husband out 20 years ago and we have been married for 17 years. We were in college and had a couple of classes together. You will never know until you ask!!!!

kareng

Awe..young love...it's great and it sucks at the same time doesn't it? IMO you should NOT move there. You two need to visit each other a few times before making such a big move. I mean you have really only been together in person for a short week and that is not enough time to make such a big move. I know you feel like you really know him well and you might but you definately need to spend more time together before moving to be with him. Invite him to MO and see what happens. I too believe, don't wait for him, even though I'm old fashioned, I say go for it...invite him to your place and see what happens. Good luck...wish you two the best.

Hey..it took you and him 4.7 BILLION years to get your time on this planet and you're only here for a tiny handful...what are you waiting for !!!! Make the most of every single day. Don't let one second pass unlived. Live life and love deep and I hope with all my heart you find your soul mate...but if you don't look you won't find
default_biggrin.png

Let him know how you feel...maybe he's feeling the same way and if not...then

a) it'll allow him to think about it - knowing how you feel

or

b) if he's not the one...at least you'll know and can get back to being able to eat and sleep again hehehe

Love and hugs

I would never in a million years tell you to leave home and go be with this boy. We all know I'm one of those over bearing parents that wants to keep kids close and in bubble wrap forever.
default_wacko.png

You can tell him you think your feelings for him have grown stronger and ask him if he feels the same way. If he says yes, then you can ask him to move closer to you and get his reaction, and take it from there.

I would never in a million years tell you to leave home and go be with this boy. We all know I'm one of those over bearing parents that wants to keep kids close and in bubble wrap forever.
default_wacko.png
oh wait a minute ...how old are you? I was presuming you're an adult. I know you said you talked to your mom...well I talk to mine every day and I'm very much an adult lol.

My advice stays IF you're an adult lol. Otherwise, don't rush life and grow up slowly ((((HUGS)))) and then come back and ask again when you are an adult lol

I'm 21, going to be 22 Sept 2nd (yeah!!
default_aktion033.gif
) By move closer, I meant go live up there a month or 2. I have stayed there for 2 weeks before (But he was not there) and helped out around the house and getting horses ready to show. Kinda like a mini vacation for me to OK, I know all that work but it was out of my usual surroundings.

My mom said my dad was just excited to hear my talking about a boy (I don't hardly talk to my dad, much less about this stuff) I thought they would understand considering when they met he lived in MO, and she in CA. He was in the military so whenever they could they would meet and up and they have known each other 25 years now and been married 23.

He is gone to his grandfathers funeral right now, I guess I will try and bring myself to tell him when he gets back.

Dam you Cupid!!!

Oh there ya go...you're not a kidlet
default_biggrin.png

So go for it. You have nothing to loose if you do and a lot to loose if you don't.

Now remember...good morals are so important...be a good girl
default_wink.png
don't go throwing yourself at him....love and being "easy" are two different things.

I don't have a daughter but I do have a son away at college...I'd think it was pretty cool if a girl loved him this much and was prepared to travel to tell him. Your friend can always say "no"...but he may say "yes" and this may be the start of the rest of your life.

My hubby and I have been married for over 20 years..100% faithful, 100% best friendsand when we met...I fell so in love so fast I couldn't even eat so there IS such a thing as love at first signt.

You ever met someone that you instantly feel that you've known each other forever? That you just feel knows you like you know yourself. I had a friend tell me once that when you feel that way it's because you once came from the same "tribe" once upon a time and that knowledge is still in your genes. You never know
default_biggrin.png

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

take it from me, honey...you never know what the next day is gonna bring. if you feel this strongly, by all means, let him know. if you aren't comfortable with a face-to-face talk, get him on messenger, real time, tell him you're head over heels for him, flatter him till the cows come home and see what his reaction is.

i loved gary long before we got to know each other well. i always knew he was the one. i think i was the first one to say the 3 magic words but it didn't take long...i think it was 10 or 12 seconds...before he said them back to me. in the 11 years we were together, the only thing we ever argued about was who loved who the most. "i love you" was always answered with "i love you most!"

if you don't go for it, you may regret it for the rest of your life. i only wish gary and i had the chance to be together much sooner than we were.

Oh there ya go...you're not a kidlet
default_biggrin.png

So go for it. You have nothing to loose if you do and a lot to loose if you don't.

Now remember...good morals are so important...be a good girl
default_wink.png
don't go throwing yourself at him....love and being "easy" are two different things.
I got you there, we joke around alot about it, but its always in fun. He is very sweet and I was caught off guard when that first week we met he was getting me drinks (yoohoo's lol) out of the blue, or resting his hand on my leg, Or some other small sweet jesture. Or he would try and start conversations with me (I am shy when you first meet me, aside from at horse shows) I talked to his cousin who said he very faithful to his girlfriends, and it always seem like for some reason or another they cheat on him
default_sad.png
Its always the nice ones that get treated that way

I will try and build up the courage to tell him, if I can muster it. Or just a message on Myspace or Facebook. He has always been part of our small group of pals with silly nick names. His sister is Chilli Dawg, we wanted to name him Corn Dog. But he choose Corn Nut instead lol

Latest posts

Back