How do you load your cart on top of your tailer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pwest2u2

Reaction score
We just got a new full size trailer with a hay rack so I can haul my carts on top of it. But how in the world do you get them up there withour killing yourself? My husband helped me and we got them up there for a trail run, but I figured out there is no way to do it by myself, it is even hard with my husband up there and me trying to lift them. He said I need lighter carts! Maybe a new cart would help
default_rolleyes.gif
: If you can pass along any tried and true methods I would deeply appreciate it.

Patty

I have two light wt. ramps that hook to the back of the trailer and just push the carts up, then have a rack on the side of the trailer to store them. Hope this makes sense . Alice

We just got a new full size trailer with a hay rack so I can haul my carts on top of it. But how in the world do you get them up there withour killing yourself? My husband helped me and we got them up there for a trail run, but I figured out there is no way to do it by myself, it is even hard with my husband up there and me trying to lift them. He said I need lighter carts! Maybe a new cart would help
default_rolleyes.gif
: If you can pass along any tried and true methods I would deeply appreciate it.

Patty

I have two light wt. ramps that hook to the back of the trailer and just push the carts up, then have a rack on the side of the trailer to store them. Hope this makes sense . Alice
Ok, I am trying to figure this out, our trailer is 11 feet tall at the top of the rack. How long are you ramps?

One of my 4H'ers parent does this. I believe that he kind of pushes it up the trailer on the wheels. It goes up pretty easy for him.

Karen

One of my 4H'ers parent does this. I believe that he kind of pushes it up the trailer on the wheels. It goes up pretty easy for him.

Karen
Ok I guess I will have to go to a show and just watch people load and unload there carts. I think it would help if my one wasn't so darn heavy. But it is so confey in the mountains driving. We will just keep working on it.

Thanks for all your info.

Patty

Back