How do you get a crease out of leather....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauralee

Reaction score
I ordered a DARLING shiny brown leather skirt from Newport News.....it is exactly what I wanted to wear. It is trumpet style and the bottom part flares out so cute! The leather is fairly thin and it has been buffed or polished to a shine.

However, in shipping it was folded. Now part of the flared flouncy part at the bottom has creasemarks where it was folded in the packaging.

Is there a simple easy way to take out these creasemarks without damaging the skirt or taking off the shiny finish?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could help on this one but maybe someone at the local cleaners would know. You might try them.
smile.gif

I would spray the back of the leather lightly with tepid water and place it on a flat smooth service with a tea towel between it and a heavy weight like books. You could probably even use your ironing board so it wouldn't be pressing on the other side of the skirt. Check it after a few hours, although it may take over night and hang it to dry.

I had a crease from the hanger in a pair of leather pants- I worked some leather conditioner into them over a couple of days- it worked on 3/4 of the crease and the rest worked its way out after hanging on the hanger.
biggrin.gif

I would hang the skirt in the bathroom and when you shower the steam should take the crease out of it.. Hey, but if something bad happens to it. Please delete this post. LOL

Latest posts

Back