Horse Treats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
What do you use in the show ring for treats? They are allowed in the show ring right?

Thanks,

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive been told they are allowed for baiting. I havent shown yet, but Id use a small one thats not noticable and your mini loves and is intrested in, depends on the horse. Hope this helped!

Katie

You are allowed to use bait in halter classes and AMHA color classes only. I use anything from hay, to grass to grain, and even a rock one time...

Small pieces of carrot is what our minis like best but you could use apple treats, a pellet, mints, licorce, or what ever treat your particular horse likes.

Gage said:
What do you use in the show ring for treats?  They are allowed in the show ring right?
Thanks,

-Gage-

424640[/snapback]

I use the horse crunchies ... they're big enough that I can hold on to them in my hand and he can smell them and maybe taste the edge but I won't accidentally let him have it. That's my hint, don't give them any treats until the class is over, because they'll stop showing while they chew!

Latest posts

Back