Horrible Storms yesterday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
We spent two hours yesterday underground, in our shelter because of the horrible storms. We live on top of a hill so we could see them coming, one after another. Then my phone alert system kept going off saying to get to shelter because of a tornado or a severe thunderstorm. Hubby and I were safely underground with our two dogs. It's so snug down there that if it weren't for the air vents, we wouldn't have heard a thing.

I pray that everyone is fine this morning. I've seen some terrible destruction on TV. Everyone be sure to check in with loved ones.

I do hope everyone here stayed safe just as you did dixie_belle, and I hope all the 4 legged loved ones were safe too. Our news tells us about these terrible storms and some mention is made of how many human lives are lost but they just never say how many people loose their beloved animals. Every time I hear about one of these natural disasters I feel lucky that we never get more than a heavy snowfall and bitter cold, both can be dealt with with relative ease and our lives are not usually at risk. I'll be
default_pray.gif
that everyone is ok.

I can only imagine how scared y'all were. I feel so bad for all the people I see on the news when devastation like this hits.

I always cringe when I read about the horrific tornados and other storms you have over in the US, and while I'm obviously upset to hear of those poor folk who have lost their homes, their livelyhoods or sadly even their loved ones, I too worry about how the animals have coped.

Stay safe everyone!

Latest posts

Back