Hoof pads

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelsHope

Reaction score
The most horrible thing happened last week. Ike foundered. We have TONS of black walnuts in my area. I am careful to keep them out of the horses area, or I thought I had been. We had a large wind and I think some blew in there from trees not on my property. I think I have a handle on that situation.

Anyway, now poor little Ike is recovering. He is lame in all four. Well my vet suggested putting some sort of a pad on him. I found some of those foam can holders on sale. I cut down one side and then around the bottom so I had a flat piece. Then I put it under his hoof and traced around it. I attached it to his hoof with vet wrap. It meets all the requirements the vet suggested. He was walking better as soon as he had them on and was actually holding up the next hoof for me to wrap it. Two can holders made four pads.

I just thought I would share for anyone else who is in need of some sort of a temporary pad for the hoof.

Back