Home from Nationals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
I arrived home last night or this morning 2:00 am and am really glad to be back although we had a great time at the show.

I am proud to say that with the 3 horses I took and the 2 horses my granddaughter used in driving that we brought home 15 top 10s including a reserve grand in amy hunter.

I am told that the look on my face was priceless. I thought I had heard a tick on one of the hunter jumps and that it wall all over my me and Blue. I was setting in my chair and wating to here who the winners were so I could get to bed and get some sleep when I was called as reserve. WOW Blue aka Holiday Acres My Fair Lady has now HOFed in Hunter and Obsticale(sp) what a girl she is.

Now for the bad news once again the theft rate at the show was appaling. One of the girsl stabled with us had her purse stolen from her van parked near the barn with us all there. They broke out her window and took it with out a sound making it to the barn.

I stayed in the barn as the theft rate last year was so high and I have a horse that can and will get out of any stall even when tied shut. With me asleep in the barn my spare tire was taken from my truck. I cant even think of the gall this took as I was in and out of the sleeping stall all night every night making sure Smoke was still in his.

The show managment was always making anouncements to watch your stuff as many thefts were taking place. I didn't notice my tire untill I was on my way home.

I don't know what is to be done about this unless we all get togather and stand guard over each others stuff.

I love the facilities at Tulsa but wonder how much more theft will go on before we find a more secure palce to have our shows.

Jan

I'm glad to hear you did so well! Congrats! How cool is that with the Reserve Grand in your Hunter Class! Woo Whoo! :aktion033: But I sorry about your tire! That is terriable. But thank you, I will REALLY watch my stuff next year and I will LOCK it up!
default_yes.gif
: I glad you did so well though :aktion033: :saludando:

Congrats on your wins!

Yes, I heard the thefts were bad. One friend of ours had her van broken into in broad daylight right outside the barn. Stole a plasma tv (why the heck would she have something like that? beats me), purse, money, credit cards which they used at dumb places, like Taco Bueno for a few bucks before the cards were shut off. Such a shame, where are we to put purses if not in our trucks?

The problem with most horse show facilities is that the areas around them are usually not in the best of neighborhoods...... People who can afford nice places don't want to live near fairgrounds.

theft was so bad there that my bank shut off my debit card!!! im so glad my bank was looking out for me but dang it now i have to have a new card issued. I guess word got around to the banks that debit/credit cards were being stolen in tulsa. I was pretty suprised that with this big of a show there were only a couple of security people.

Congrats on your results! Im so happy for you

Take a dog. Tie the dog in the tack stall while you are gone. So far it has worked for my family. Did you notice how many dogs were there?

Latest posts

Back