Holiday Recipes....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allure Ranch

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I figured that with the Christmas Holiday coming up that possibly there are some individual's that are tried of the same old recipes. So just maybe you'd like to share some of yours with the rest of us. [/SIZE]

Home made roll ingredients:

* (5) pound bag of All Purpose Flour

* (2) cups of Sugar

*(5) teaspoons of Salt

*(2) cups of Crisco

* Yeast

1) Mix the entire (5) pound of flour with (2) cups of sugar and (5) teaspoons of salt. Then cut in the (2) cups of crisco into the mixture.

2) In a microwave proof bowl add (2) cups of water and heat for (1) minute only. Remove and add to warm water (4 &1/8th) teaspoons of yeast and (2) teaspoons of sugar to activate the yeast. (Trust me it works).....

3) After the yeast has risen add it to the dry ingredients in a LARGE mixing bowl. Mix together, then add (6) more cups of water and mix well. Cover and let rise.

4) After dough has risen you can spoon it out into your muffin tins just as it is. Let the dough rise again in your muffin tins and preheat your oven to 375 degree's. Once the rolls have risen place them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes. This will depend on your oven and the size of your muffin tins. I personally us non-stick muffin tins that are overly large.

The dough that is remaining in the bowl will continue to keep rising so I just keep repeating the steps until all the dough is gone. I made about (21) rolls for Thanksgiving and I'll be doing the same for Christmas.

If you have any question about the recipe don't hesitate to ask.....

Happy Holidays

Last edited by a moderator:
All of my recipes are in my head. I tried to teach my SIL how to do a couple of my secerets. It didn't work. She had some real failures. I keep telling her she has to watch me make them. When everyone comes to my house they all go in and visit and watch tv. No one comes in and cooks with me. So, they will never know and my secerets die with me. Well, Jessie comes in with me so she might know too.

My daughter brought what turned out to be the hit dessert for Thanksgiving at both our family's dinner and the in laws dinner. Very easy. No receipe needed.

Boggom layer of graham cracker crumbs.

Top with prepared banana pudding.

Top with sliced bananas.

Top with crushed pineapple.

Repeat if you want to.

Top with whipped topping decorated with maraschino cherrys, walnuts and drizzled chocolate.

It was beautiful as well as delicious. Honestly when she took the cover off of it I thought "Oh my gosh that's beautiful. Did my little girl do that?" LOL

Yummy, they both sound good, i'll be trying both of them. Thanks
default_smile.png

Here is one of my favorite recipes that I make every year - for friends, family and myself! It freezes great if you want to make extra loaves, too! Enjoy!
default_biggrin.png

Pumpkin Cranberry Bread

3 cups flour

1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

3 cups granulated sugar

1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin

4 large eggs

1 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup orange juice or water

1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.

BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Recipe makes two loaves.

I have one that is real easy to make w/kids, its sort of a candy/snack ( Salty/Sweet )

ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS

Pecan Caramel Candies or Peanut Butter Salties

50 mini pretzels

1 Pkg ( 13 oz ) Rolo Candies or Mini Peanut Butter Cups

50 Pecan Halves ( or walnuts )

Line baking sheet w/foil. Place Pretzels on foil. Top each w/unwrapped candy

Bake 250o for 4 min. or untill candy gets softened (candies will retain their shape ). Immediately place a pecan half on each candy and press down gently so that the candy sort of covers the top of the pretzels. Cool slightly . Refrigerate for 10 minutes untill set.

Be prepared to make lots of batches of these....they always go quick and are very addicting. They are also a fun, easy, quick thing to throw together for last minute gifts.

Here is one that I love, it's SO good....to die for...

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

1 1/2 cups cinnamon(I use regular) graham cracker crumbs

3/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup melted butter

1 package of 14 ounce caramels

2/3 cups evaporated milk

2 packages of creme cheese (8oz each) SOFTENED

2 tablespoons all purpose flour

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 cup chopped pecans

*Place a greased 9" springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil and securely wrap around the pan

*In a small bowl combine cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter

Press crust onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan (about 1" from top)

Bake at 350 for 10 mins. Cool

* in a heavy saucepan over med heat cook and stir caramels and milk until melted and smooth. Pour 1 cup over the crust, sprinkle 1/4 cup pecans

set remaining caramel and pecans aside

*IN a large bowl beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoon flour and remaining sugar until smooth.

Add eggs and beat

Combine Apples, cinnamon and remaining flour ...fold this in cream cheese mixture (I beat it in...)

Pour into crust

*Place springform pan in a large baking pan and add 1" of hot water in the larger pan

Bake for 40 mins

*Reheat caramel mixture and gently spoon over cheesecake and sprinkle remaining pecans

*Bake another 10-15 mins until center is set.

Cool on wire rack, run knife along edges of pan, refridge overnight after fully cooled off.

*I keep caramel and also drizzle over after I slice and serve......

This is a super easy dip! We call it Jezebel, I don't know why.

One jar of apricot jam or preserves

one half jar of horse radish( stirred up in the jar to make sure the juices are mixed..

Mix it all together. and if you can put it in the refrig and let it sit overnight, its much better. It

is supposed to be hot and sweet too at the same time.

two blocks of Cream cheese( I take it out of the refrig for an hr. to soften a little bit.

Pour the apricot preserves/horse radish mixture over the cream cheese.

Serve with Ritz crackers.... You need Ritz crackers < tastes best with them, the salt and sweet and hot and creamy altogether is great.

Everyone I know asks what it is and when I tell them, they wrinkle their nose, but I MAKE them try it, and it is always a hit!

Robin

I baked this cake the other day for my fiance's birthday, and it was a HUGE success! Now my daughter wants it for her birthday, too! No frosting is needed, as it's built right in.

EASY GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

(from the Taste of Home website)

Ingredients:

1-1/3 cups flaked coconut

1 cup chopped pecans

1 package German Chocolate cake mix (couldn't find it, so I used milk chocolate)

1 package (8 oz/250 grams) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 egg

4 cups confectioners sugar

Directions:

Sprinkle the coconut and pecans into a greased and floured 13 in x 9 in baking pan. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan.

In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add egg and sugar; beat until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls over the batter. Carefully spread to within 1 inch of edges. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Latest posts

Back