high jump pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyelle

Reaction score
Hi :saludando:

In the registry that I am a member of MHAA Miniature Horse Australian Association, the jump height limit is 42inches :new_shocked: , Would love to see a photo/s of mini's clearing that height as it seems very high to me, I am slowly working my boy back up to the taller jumps as he seems to have lost some confidence in himself
default_unsure.png
:

I believe it depends on the individual horse. We have several that jump but would have trouble

with this height.Some I would not ask them to jump this but others seem to love a challenge.

If your horse does not feel comfortable with that height, I would not ask them to do it. They could

be injured. And then there is our stallion Slash. He loves to show off.

I can't post this picture as it does not belong to me , but the horse does. Click on this link and

page down to the horse jumping.

world class miniature horse

He is clearing 42 inches easily even though the jump is not that high.

I can't remember what he jumped at our last fun show in Oct . with the East Coast Miniature Horse Club

but the jump was set very high.Maybe JaxieJag can

fill us in on that show . He has the drive to want to jump what ever you put in front of him. His style is horrible for Hunter. We are trying to work on that. Every thing Slash does is in a big way. He is the Drama King I guess. But he is lots of fun. Never a dull moment with him. We do have a Mare also that will jump that high. Of course she is Slashes daughter LOL !!!

Maryann

Mary Ann ~ that's a great picture of Slash ...man, does that horse have springs in his feet or what ??

This mare can jump 48" from a stand-still! Not sure the height of this particular jump, but it's pretty high and she's got room to spare...

a_starjump3-05-1.jpg

At her first show, she didn't place high in the Hunter class, because she went over every jump they had like they were ground poles! (They didn't have a jumper class.)

P.S. (This is KpM Honeypony Silver Starlee - we're not working on her jumping at the moment since she's very pregnant!)

Last edited by a moderator:
here is my son kyle jumping getitias horse lightening. I love these pictures!

lightening.jpg

lighteningjumpresize06.jpg

:aktion033: Very nice horses.
default_wub.png
: Love those pictures.

Thanks for sharing with us,

melissa

[SIZE=12pt]I'm not sure how high these are, but they're not short~LOL[/SIZE]

sales_Hotshotjumping3.jpg

sales_Hotshotjumping1.jpg

This was taken last summer of our 33" mare who was then 5 months in foal l think the jump was under 40" here but can't remember for sure she did refuse all of the jumps at the last show of the season which was fine she was pretty heavy and will be back this summer to defend her title..

dccal.jpg

DCjumping3.jpg

This is so awesome! I bought a book about teaching minis for showmanship, halter and performance. It states that it will teach about jumping. I am so excited. I have always wanted to ride horses over jumps, but being the chicken that I am, this will be the next best thing! Keep sharing, there are more out there, right!

The jumps at the open shows here in Maine that have Mini jumping are never set up that high, but "Belle" cleared them with plenty of room to spare. Not sure exactly how high she was jumping, but she's taller then me in this photo
default_wink.png
:

bellejump.jpg

~Jen~

This is one of my geldings Double Wee's Northern Buddy, this was taken in 2004 with Steph showing him, he will jump higher than this but this is one of the nicer pics I have of him. My other gelding can jump higher than Bud can but I haven't gotten any pics of him I guess, LOL

BudlerStephJumpBest.jpg

A jump at the east coast miniature horse club's fun show in Oct was set to 36", and the rest were at 32".

This 33" mare can jump 46", but the jump in this picture is probably around 36", but I am unsure.

minutemaidjen-tampaweb.jpg

min_ky_fence.jpg

This 33" gelding can also jump 44" easily.

colors_jumping_website.jpg

It all depends on the horse though. Just make sure you are not pushing your horse beyond what he is capable of. It takes a long time for them to build the proper muscles to jump that high and not be injured.

I don't have any quite as high as some of what has been posted already, but here's my ex (yes I have permission to post his picture) stallion who was 31.25" and jumping 32" at home.

Maverick32.jpg

and another one from a different angle

maverickjump.jpg

Amazing!! :aktion033:

Just beautiful pictures everyone. Really makes me itchy to get rid of the ice and have a long dry spring...LOL So we can play, play, play!!!! :bgrin

Hear is my lil man One Ritz-C-Kid, this was taken this summer. We were just fooling around one day so I decided to see how high he could go. I did it free lunge so if it was to high he could just decide to go around it. He never tried to go around it or stop. I have never asked him to do this again but im sure he would if I let him he loves to jump so hear is Roy,

Picture078-1.jpg

More from the summer,

RoyJump4.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Realy bad form in this one :p

Here are some pictures of my two geldings doing what they do best:

Grosshill EKs Incredible Illusion - He has cleared 44" (Maybe even a little more) and has been an AMHA World Champion in Jumper as well as Multiple AMHR National And Reserve National Champion in Hunter and Jumper. He measures 33 1/2"

illusion.jpg

illusion.jpg

And this is my little up and coming Jumper, MLF Echos Danny Boy. He received Multiple Top Tens in Hunter and Jumper this year at the AMHR Nationals. He has cleared over 41" but I am not quite sure exactly how high.... Hes my jumping fool! He measures in at 32"

dannyboy1.jpg

dannyboy2.jpg

:aktion033: Wow these pictures are great. I haven't been able to jump lately but the last time I was jumping Millie it was at 30 inches. So not very high at all but we are getting there. I am planning on working on juming when it starts drying up some around here..

Latest posts

Back