Hey Nikki...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JumpinJackFarm

Reaction score
Been thinking about you
default_smile.png
How is your healing going? How FAT is Petunia getting? Have you been able to get out to see her? Hope your feeling better
default_yes.gif
: Teri

HI, OH MY, SHE IS GETTING HUGE! BUT STILL NOTHING!

I AM DOING O.K. TODAY WASN'T GOOD BUT I AM HEALING. I HAVE NOTICED HOW MUCH BETTER THE PAIN IS (MOST OF THE TIME ) I HAVE BEEN SICK TO MY STOMACH ALOT LATELY. I THINK THE MORPHINE KILLS MY APPETITE SO I TAKE MY HANDFUL OF PILLS WITHOUT MUCH FOOD AND WAH-LA, I AM READY TO THROW UP :no:.

IT IS SO HARD TO KEEP MY SPIRITS UP, SO THAT DOESN'T HELP HOW I FEEL SOMEDAYS. MY HUSBAND WHO NEVER WAS A "COWBOY" BUT ALWAYS WAS INVOLVED WITH ALL HORSEY THINGS AND USED TO ENJOY FEEDING AND GROOMING EVEN THOUGH HE WASN'T REALLY INTO RIDING, HAS TOTALLY CHANGED SINCE THE ACCIDENT. HE WANTS EVERYTHING HORSEY GONE FROM HERE. HE CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY I WOULD WANT TO EVEN GO NEAR THE BARN LET ALONE KEEP ANY HORSES BIG OR SMALL SINCE THEY ARE THE REASON I ALMOST LOST MY LIFE AND WHY I AM IN A WHEELCHAIR NOW. I KNOW IT IS BECAUSE IT IS SO HARD FOR HIM TO SEE ME LIKE THIS AND TO HAVE WATCHED WHAT I HAVE BEEN THROUGH, BUT IT STILL IS HARD. WHEN I AM ABLE TO WALK AGAIN I WANT THINGS TO BE THE SAME AGAIN, HORSE THINGS WERE OUR LIFE AND I THINK THAT HAS ALL CHANGED NOW :no:

I BET WHEN YOU STARTED THIS THREAD YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THIS KIND OF REPLY, GUESS I NEEDED TO VENT.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE MY SCOOTER CAME TODAY SO I WILL BE ABLE TO GET TO THE BARN
default_yes.gif
:

THANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE, NOT LIKE YOU HAD A CHOICE
default_rolleyes.gif
: , NIKKI
default_smile.png

I guess I missed the original story or I wasn't visiting here yet, but what happened? How did you get hurt?!

Chico

I guess I missed the original story or I wasn't visiting here yet, but what happened? How did you get hurt?!

Chico

SEP. 15 I BROKE MY BACK AND PELVIS IN SEVERAL PLACES. I WAS ON ONE OF OUR HORSES. FOR THE FULL STORY YOU CAN LOOK AT THE THREAD I STARTED AFTER THE ACCIDENT. NIKKI

NIKKI...
default_yes.gif
: so glad to hear you are "healing" the best you can.

I am familiar with pain meds making you feel yucky
default_wacko.png
:

I tried to look for your original Link about your accident ...to post...but didn't find it ?

Don't worry about Porky Petunia....I have to go now and help with homework
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

I'll talk to you soon......Teri

[SIZE=12pt]Nikki, I think that I joined the Donkey board just before you had your accident and I hadn't met many of you yet. So I went back last night and read your first post after the accident. Teri, the title is something about a "laptop in my hospital room". I had no idea how bad your injuries were until I read about the accident and what you have been going through. I am just two years older than you and I have two small kids too. I just kept putting myself in your place and imagining how you must be feeling. Besides the pain of the injuries, you said you were feeling bad that your husband had to take care of everything while you are down. First of all, your husband now knows what all YOU do to keep the house running smoothly! Second, you really shouldn't feel guilty or feel like you let him down because you were out doing something that you love and had an accident. It was out of your control and you didn't choose this for yourself or your family. Good Lord willing, you will continue to heal and walk by Christmas and things will eventually get back to normal. Worrying about those things will only slow the healing process![/SIZE]

I can't imagine the pain you are going through, not only physically, but the mental pain as well. I know you want to play with and do things for your children and husband, and go out to the barn to feed or clean stalls. I am not one of these people that can say "I've been there" or "I know what you're going through". All I can say is that I'm sure it is harder than I can even imagine.

[SIZE=12pt][/size] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I want you to know that, just like Teri, I think about you everyday and wish that I was closer to meet you and help you with whatever you need help with. Anyway, you can email me anytime if you ever need to vent or need some encouragement! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]How are your eyes doing? Is your vision back to normal now? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

I hope you have the best day yet since the accident!
default_yes.gif
: Shannon

Nikki...Shannon is so right
default_yes.gif
: You have nothing to feel guilty about...you were doing what you love & you will do it again. You have to think that way. What is going on in your head will either help you or delay in your healing.

Before I started working with my Hubby I worked in a rehabilitation/nursing home and cared for many people healing and going through PT just like you...but I don't ever remember a horse accident quite like yours. You got messed up and look how far you have come
default_yes.gif
: You must have some remarkable Dr's. You will walk soon and you will ride again and you'll be back out in that barn shoveling poop sooner than you care too
default_smile.png
Like I told you before, I wish I lived closer...I would shovel the poop for ya!

Well gotta run....finishing up on a remodel today....we need to finish today..we need the $$$

I'll chat to ya soon.....Teri

Latest posts

Back