Hey Marty !!!! Clear the Decks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virginia

Reaction score
I've gone and done it, listed my house, quit my job, packed my minis and am heading to TN.

Well, not quite, but close. Should be retiring the first week in Jan and have decided to Auction my Farm, find a place in TN to settle down and continue raising my minis. You know of any good Farms for sale.?? Something over ten acres. Gee Marty you're getting a new neighbor, LOL We can have fun. What do ya think? Is TN big enough to hold the both of us!! :lol: Gonna sell off 1/3 of my minis :no: that's gonna be hard but I'm excited. Imagine, I'm 62 years old and starting life over. Wow, now that's scary, but I will be soooo very happy to stop working for the GVT and relaxing and doing what I love.....MINIS......Now maybe I can even get into showing. What do ya think, maybe we can show together. :new_shocked:

Ginny

[SIZE=18pt]Good luck Ginny. We are starting over kind of. We are moving out of our house we've been in for 5 years. We are staying in the same town, but going into a bigger house. I also might be able to bring the horses up there next spring.[/SIZE]

Christy

Oh Ginny you will love it here. Do you know what part you want to live in???of course I think East Tennessee is best..I think 62 is a great age to start a new life.. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Hey Ginny we are also planning a move to Tennessee!! We have been looking at farms and there are alot out there!! Do a google search of horse farms for sale in TN, thats what we did and have found several.

We are planning on driving down Thanksgiving to look at some property and see what area we want!!
default_yes.gif
: We are really excited now that we have decided to do it!!

That's exciting Ginny! May you be happy in your new home (when you get there)
default_smile.png

Hey Ginny do you still have either of the two mares you got from me? I would be curious to see them now.

... Do you know what part you want to live in???of course I think East Tennessee is best..:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:
Are there other parts to TN? LOL I was online yesterday looking for land in Tennessee (for a "vacation/cabin"

I love East Tennessee! Have fun and enjoy your exciting move.

My mom just did that at 74!

CONGRATULATIONS GINNY!!!

When my son lived in Knoxville I told him I was going to retire down there..LOVE that country!!!
default_wub.png
:

For some reason he moved to Arkansas....
default_wacko.png
:

i love TN!!! I think you will be very happy there. I know when we looked you could get a ton for your money there. Since you wont be a slave to a desk job you could come to ohio and show with me. Bring bitsy and she will teach you how to do it LOL. I know its scarey to have so many life changes but I think youll find you did the best thing ever :aktion033:

WOW Ginny this is super great news! I can't wait! Well, you know where I happen to live since you visited me last time and what was it.........2:00 AM in the morning we're up eating junk food were we ?????!

This area I live in is totally booming. Especially since the hurricanes. We can't keep up with the building work, (flooring jobs) in the new constructions going on all over the place here. We're even getting a Walmart in January!!!!!! Been sitting in the parking lot there watching construction going on for months now drewling.

If you don't like the elevations, not to worry, there's plenty to offer. Hey I have 15 acres in the valley in Dunlap I keep wanting to sell but keep forgetting to list it. But it's just an old overgrown hay field with nothing on it and would have to be developed.

I sure hope you can come to my area to shop around. I'll be more than happy to run you all over creation.

Jerry knows where all the cool places are to look since he's out and about on the jobs all the time.

Now remember as far as cost goes, the further you are away from civiliation the cheaper things are but right now even the forests areas up here are up to $2,000 $3,000 acre but maybe you can find one with a working still on it that still makes moonshine!!!!!!!.

Hurry up and come visit! Me and Dan will drag you all over the place!!!!!!!!

I've been looking all over TN, but can't find a whole lot in the east. Found a bunch in central and the west. I'm going down on Monday and Tues to look at a couple of properties. Man, I can get twice as much land and a nice house for half what I'm paying here. Now, I built the house I'm in 19 years ago and love it and the mini horse farm has grown up here with me. But hassles at work are forcing me into retirement, so I plan to make the best of it. My grandson is moving out in two weeks and it just seems like the best time in my life to do it. I am scared silly, but excited too. Thanks for the well wishes. If any of you Tn people know of any place with a decent house and over 15 acres of land, please let me know!

Ashley, I still have Mirada, what a little doll.

Ginny

Do you have any pics of her? If so I would love to see them! We dont have many of her blood left here either. We have one sister and a few of her offspring but that is it.

HI Ginny,

Don't forget about us. Bdazzled Farms we are near Nashville, I have no idea what the house market is like in VA. but I don't think you can find any land for 2 to 3 K per acre here. Land is expensive here. Oh, I think that Reba's McIntire (sp) Ranch is still for sale, only a few million.. LOL.. But its gorgeous.

If I can help in anyway let me know..

LaraP

[SIZE=18pt]Well! Ginny,[/SIZE]

I see you spilled the beans! :aktion033: It was great talking to you last night and I can't wait to have you as a new neighbor here in East Tennessee!! :lol: As Judy said, East Tennessee is the best place in the world to live! :aktion033: :aktion033:

Bill

Ginny please stop by while you are here!

Meanwhile, I'll check www.realtor.com for you and see what's around

WOO HOO! Congratulations on retiring and have some fun. I bet Marty would show you a good time!

Fran

:aktion033: Yes Ginny if you must leave Virginia, east Tenn. is the next best thing. esp if you know someone there. Take Marty up on her 15 acres, you could put a nice double-wide on it for a lot less than $100,000 I mean a 4 bedroom with 3 baths, den, laundry, and hugh kitchen. I just finished looking at them a couple of months ago. We bought a used Clayton 4 bedroom,2 baths [over 2000 sq ft] for $37,000. We love it.

Wow Ginny,

You are doing what I DREAM of.

You are going to have so much FUN

in your new adventure.

I wish you the BEST!

Sandy

Adventure! Wonderful and bitter sweet. I hope it all comes together perfectly for you and yours. You know I'll help where I can.

Hey Ginny,

We are in the southeast corner of the state just outside of Chattanooga. East Tennessee is truly beautiful and convenient to a lot of places. We are about two hours from Atlanta, two hours from Nashville and about two and a half from Birmingham. Our weather is temperate but sometimes unpredictable. We occasionally have snow but seldom heavy snow. There are lots of horsey people here and we are about an hour and a half from MTSU"s horse facility which entertains something horse related just about every week. We are also near Shelbyville, TN. the home of the TN. Walking Horse Celebration and lots of horse shows. We have an active mini horse club with some great folks. Our acerage prices vary depending on which surrounding county you choose. As Marty stated, the more rural you are generally the cheaper the land prices. There are still lots of farms available with a house for reasonable prices if you don't mind a few miles from town. Bradley county near Cleveland, TN. is a good choice. Lots of farmland and nice people. That's about 30 miles north of Chattanooga. I also forgot to mention Knoxville, home of the VOLS, is less than two hours away. That's near Zachary farms and Gatlinburg in the Smokies.

Now that I have given you a geographic tour of the eastern part of the state, I hope you will find the home of your dreams and find Tennessee a wonderful place to begin your great adventure and call home. WELCOME!!

Latest posts

Back