Hey Jill! Remember early winter when you said......

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
I have been waiting since early spring to get this shot, and finally had the opportunity! I don't have a decent lens for distance yet, so getting shots at any distance is difficult! This afternoon, hubby and I were relaxing after working on the barn lights all morning, and I looked out the patio door to find these little sweeties had come in with mom to get some salt! I waited patiently, and they were just brave enough to come towards the patio today!
default_aktion033.gif

Mom had twins in the field across from us late may! I watched her walk across the field with them, bringing them to the woods, the morning they were born. She had been hiding them very well until about 3 weeks ago, when she started trusting us to bring them in with her. I'm pretty sure one is a male, and the other a female, because one is quite a bit bigger than they other. There is another mom who visits us with her fawn as well, but that doe had just one.

The little female.

P7135527.jpg

Peek-A-Boo!

P7135528.jpg

P7135535.jpg

I gots an itch!

P7135536.jpg

The little male. He was hiding where I couldn't see him, but I got his pic when he came back to look for momma, and she and his sister had already left! He took off running after I got this pic!

Pictures070-1.jpg

OMG what I wouldn't give to have deer in my backyard
default_yes.gif
I LOVE THEM! Your so lucky
default_yes.gif

Gorgeous... We have a grove of trees back behind our house in the pasture (way back in there) and the deer love to stay in there.. Occasionally I will be out in the back yard working and I will see them running along the hill to get back into their grove. I look forward to seeing them when they come out.

aww, I live around over 100 acre protected town property and I rarely see deer. We did have one doe give birth last year and she stayed around with the baby. Occasionally I've found fresh paw marks in the mudd next to my hay shed, and only once have I seen the albino deer that lives near us. Your so lucky to get such close up pictures.

What cuties! We have a big deer breeding farm next to my barn, and I love watching all the little fawns playing.. They are adorable!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back