help needed to name palomino filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
Anyway we went today to pick up the palomino filly from my friend. My friend called her Rose but I have a Jypsy Rose and Rose doesn't really suit her. I am looking for a name to register her with as she is going to be registered as half-QH. Anyway suggestions would be appreciated. Pictures of her can be seen on my website in ponies section. Her sire is the registered QH, Shefdale Sun Phill and her dam is a grade pony named Morning Glory.

How about Sun Glory or Glory Sun? She could be called Sun, Sunny, or Glory???

Lildrummer
default_biggrin.png

You could stick with a flower/plant themed name: Sunflower, Sassafras, Sundew, Chamomile, Yellow Rose, Buttercup, Calla Lily, Dahlia, etc. (Those are all some that have some yellow coloring to them.)

Those are great keep any suggestions coming. My husband says we should name her after a coffee as my nephews mini gelding is Sanka. LOL This filly is to be my nephews future riding pony or horse depending on how she grows. I think she will be about 14hh at maturity. Though she could fool me and grow taller. Sanka then will go to my niece Maika. My briother and sister in law and nephew and niece are moving in June to my grandmothers farm and will keep the filly and Sanka there as well as my 2 arabians. Sanka and my 2 arabians are already there. My parents live next door and my older brother who lives with my parents still is looking after them for me.

Jill my nephew wants his aunty Shana to name her. He named his rabbit Boss(we changed it to Cadbury) and his new female puppy Oddie so probably glad he told me to name her.

He sounds like a pretty endulging little guy.

If I started buying horses "for my nephews" ... Well, "I'd" have even more horses I suppose.

I like Sunny.....that was what popped into my head....but then when you said coffee....I immediately thought

Latte.
default_biggrin.png

I LOVE palominos! We had a palomino for many years that we had to put down in October. His name was Sunny, which I think is very unoriginal for a palo. I have no suggestions - nothing really jumped out at me but she is going to be so pretty I bet!

Jill he gives the wierdest names to his pets, his parents let him. His rabbit is here as they live in a appartment for the time being. Will be moving into the farmhouse in June when their lease runs out and Andrew is done pre-school. I have 5 nephews(Andrew, Luke, Simon, Jonah and James) and 1 niece(Maika). Andrew is my godson as well so a bit more spoiled. Also Luke, Simon and Jonah like to look at the horses, go for a ride in the cart but have yet to actually sit on one. James is young yet, was only born in November. My niece Maika loves Sanka. Andrew can ride Sanka by himself. He is 5, by the time the filly is old enough to ride he will be 8.

I like palominos. I was just thinking though, it may not be a good idea to let an eight year old ride a four year old pony. Usually younger kids do better on older ponies. A four year old pony could spook more easily then an older one.

Don't worry we won't let him ride her by himself. If she is to much for him he can ride my arabian mare, Phancy who will be 12 by the time he is 8. She has been used 3 summers as a lesson horse and little kids ride her all the time. She is 15hh. My husbands horse is 4 and was used this past summer as a lesson horse and was fine. Didn't spook and was ridden in a hackmore. I think it depends on the horse. I'd rather get a young horse/pony and raise and train it myself, then I know if it is suitable for a child to ride. A older horse could have bad habits. The riding school had one horse who would flip out when his feet were trimned. It took 4 people to hold him as well as tranquilizers and vet was there as well as farrier. Needless to say they ended up selling that horse to a guy who was experienced and understood this horse did not like his feet done period. Was safer for the kids to just get rid of the horse even though he was a amazing riding horse. Another horse the riding school had was a appy gelding who was terrified of umbrellas. So if it rained they did not use him at shows or in a lesson. They worked around it. I rode him myself in lessons. He is retired now and is 28.

These are 2 names I am thinking of. They are:

Morning Suns' Golden Glory (barn name would be Glory)

Sheza Sunny Suzie (barn name would be Suzie)

What do you think?

Latest posts

Back