HELP-mare's tail hair falling out!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelly

Reaction score
My mare Pixie has something going on in her tail...she has big scabs and sores which are pulling all her hair out! I know she did not have anything going on before she foaled out a month ago and I have been brushing and grooming her since and never noticed anything until this morning when I went to brush out her tail and the hair just fell out in clumps!!!!! She has one nickel sized spot in her mane and her forlock is one big scab also. At first I thought I might have wrapped her tail too tight for too long and damaged it but with it being in other places, I'm assuming that is not the problem. I drenched her tail in MTG and rubbed it on the spot in her mane and in her forelock...is there anything else I should be doing? Should I pull all the scabs off or just let them soften and fall off on their own? HELP????????
default_please.gif

Hmmm just by the size you mention - I am wondering about ringworm, but to make sure I would have a vet look at it. Could be rain rot, could be anything.

At least post pics.

Latest posts

Back