HELP!!!!AUTUMN IS REJECTING HER

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no, it just sounded as though he was improving, prayers on the way.

Not sure if this will help. My 12 year old mare had milk problems, I believe from the heat. That isn't your problem butttt..

The foal was about 2 weeks old. I would make the milk replacer and put it into a deep tuperware bowl. With a little coaxing(used my finger) I lead him to the bowl. He immediatley started to drink. He would not drink from a bottle.

My other mare this year wouldn't be nice to her foal but after some pain meds and some pumping finally started being a mother and has been a terrific one ever since.

Question, can you give those natural calmers to like sedate the mare????? I am sure Banamine would be much more effective but a good question.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Traci

Check the baby's temp. Sending you lots of positive thoughts.

Liz V.

Boy I sure hope things get better fast!!!! Will be thinking of u, best of luck!

Oy my, this does not sound good!

Sounds like he needs a vet.........call Heather and get busy
smile.gif

Beth

Not sure what iron horse is, but I don't give my young young ones anything like that. If anything they get kayro syrup. Vitamins/iron is hard on them.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
Better news tonight. guess the baby was just tired. After getting some help he nursed a good bit this afternoon. we moved him and mom inside the barn where she could not see any other horses and she seemed to settle down a bit. He actually decided he wanted to run and play a little this afternoon. after putting them in the barn ,he decided he wanted to nibble on hay, stradagy feed, drink some water and oh yea, nurse some more. He finally laid down to take a nap. After giving him medicine for the runs I havent seen any more diarrhea.
aktion033.gif

Wishful,

I've been watching your thread and keeping my fingers crossed for your little one. Hope all in turning around now.

MA

WOW this is making a nervous wreck outta me.

Sounds like you guys are really going to be ok, even after this very ruff start.

Hey Wishful, do you feel like a yo yo yet?

I am with you here and got you guys set up here with a candle and sending a lot of possitive energy right to you with tons of moral support.

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way!
aktion033.gif

Yea Marty, I do feel like a yo-yo with a short string!

but Autumn seems to be coming around
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
She stood very still during his last feeding at 10:30 this moring, I almost didnt have to hold her
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
I have them out on grass now and will watch how she acts today closely. Thanks to each and every one of the forum members for their thoughts,prayers, and helpful advice.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

Bless your hearts...all of you have been through so much...Good luck with this baby and your mare...You really need a positive outcome with this little one...

Prayers are being sent your way for continued success.
smile.gif

How are things going now? It sounds like they were on the right path and hope things are still good!

Latest posts

Back