Hearing loss

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathy2m

Reaction score
I woke up Sat. morning with what felt like plugged ears. The left one was worse than the right. I didnt think anything of it. Yesterday it got worse. I can't hardly hear out of my left ear. I bought the ear wax removal kit that didnt help. I have no pain. I havent had a cold or flown on an airplane I did go in the pool about 3 weeks ago. I have never had ear problems. Can you get a cold that starts in your ear with no pain? Any ideas? I'll be calling the doctor when the office opens. Thanks, Kathy

I am not a doctor or even close but, you could possibly have water in your ear from being in the pool. If it were me, I would try putting a few drops of alcohol in the ear. Alcohol will sometimes bring water to the surface. My son used to have that problem years ago when he was swimming a lot.

I recently had to have a scab scraped off inside of my ear. My hearing was only slightly affected but I was walking like a drunk woman.. I have problems with water getting in the ear when I wash my hair. The doctor said to use peroxide as alochol will dry out the ear too much.

You need to go see a Doc. Can be many reasons...some of them not good. A simple hearing test would be a good idea.

I have Meniere's, and over the years it has been robbing me of my hearing. Right side I am totally deaf for low and mid tones, can hear some of the high ones but it is distorted. There is sadly more issues with Meniere's than hearing loss but it is important to get things checked out.

I had hearing loss when I was little, they say I was kinda born deaf. I never heard anything till I was at least 7 or 8.

I had to have tubes put in my ears when I was little. sometimes when there is a lot of loud noise

and someone is talking to me I can't hear them unless I get real close.

I had to wear something when I went to school,so I could hear the teacher 1 on 1.

I got made fun of alot by my classmates because I couldn't hear, I never wanted to go back to school.

kids sometimes can be crewl.

when I wash my hair I put a small towel over my ears, I can't stand water in them, it drives me crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back