Has anyone ever heard of Gold Seal World Class as a registry?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbit Horse Shire

Reaction score
default_please.gif
: I've just talked to someone that has a horse for sale .. When I asked her if the horse was registered and if so which registry she said it was a Gold Seal World Class registered .. I know I'm new but this is the first time I've heard of this one .. Any information would be greatly appreciated .. Thanks! :cheeky-smiley-006:

I have seen horses advertised that way but I dont really know what it is... I wondered if it was something like WCMHR but am not sure..

Yup. Somebody made them up.

The two main registrys are AMHA and AMHR.

Found this when I searched google, they do not have a web site from what I can tell.

Gold Seal Miniature Horse Registry - 4001 Webster Rd, Summersville, WV 26651 - (304) 872-0493 Fax: (304) 872-0499

No clue if it's lagit or not.

It is a gentlemen in WV that made up his own registry a ways back and has his own sale a couple times a year of his own stock, and it is not really a recognized registry at any show or any breeder other than himself. I would stay with the more recognized registrys, we have AMHR, AMHA, ASPC, and PtHA miniature horses and shetland ponies at our farm.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Yep it is a registry! It was founded by a man here in WV his name has slipped my mind at time. He has production sales every month during the fall. He got fed up with AMHA and AMHR and founded his own registry. As soon as I think of his name I will add it to this post.

GRADY WHITLOCK!!!! Thats it.. thanks for the jar to the memory Coventry Lane!! Between being the homeroom mom to both of my daughters classes and planning the schools fall festival my brain is fried..lol..

Your welcome RENMACMINIS, I just couldn't remember his last name and he always puts an ad in the AMHR Journal for his production sale that he has at his farm a couple times a year. They are basically un-registered stock. I'll stick with AMHR, AMHA, ASPC and PtHA.

I have never been to one of his sales. He is approx. 4-5 hours away from me. I have heard he has had some nice horses go thru his sales but yes they are basically unreg. stock and would have to be hardshipped. I have also heard some "stories" about his horses as well.. and so he is added onto my "do not buy from list" along with one other breeder/pony mill here in WV who likes to have his "going out of business sale" year after year after year but no sales alot of them and keeps right on breeding more year after year. But thats another story and doesnt belong on this topic..

Grady Whitlock is the owner of Gold Seal Registry.He is located in Beckley,WV and started his own registry many years ago.At 1 time if you bought a horse from him he was going to pick it up in a big transport and you could go along in a van or something to the shows.It just never mad e it. 4 Gs is his farm prefix.At 1 time he was a Director for AMHA in the same regional seat now held by Toni Reece. IMO stick to AMHA&AMHR.Each of those registries has a proven track record for shows and paperwork that is valuable.

Gold seal and World Class are two different things. World class registry puts on a very nice show yearly in SC and I have horses also registered with them. They also provide trophies etc for the VA state fair. Grady Whitlock started the gold seal reg when he was on the outs with the amha and amhr. That registry has NO anything with it.

Lyn

I wouldn't waste my time with or money on Miniatures registered with anything other than AMHA or AMHR.

As I understand it, Grady Whitlock (4Gs Miniatures) started GoldSeal about 10 years ago because he took issue with AMHA/AMHR.

The only thing the papers are good for is lining a parakeet's cage. ;)

Carol --

There is a Gold Seal registry and a World Class registry. However, in my opinion and the opinion of most miniature horse owners, they are both totally worthless. The only "real" miniature horse registries are AMHR and AMHA.

Not only that, but World Class has the worst customer service out there. Lots of people have paid for papers that were never received. At one point, I used to send horses to their annual show, and for that reason, had WCMHR papers on all my horses (in addition to their AMHR and AMHA papers). However, I got so disgusted with their business (and it is a business, not an organization) that I threw all those papers away.

From my perspective (and the perspective of most if not all serious miniature horse people), a horse with ony Gold Seal and / or World Class papers is actually a grade or unregistered horse. If I bought a new horse who had those papers along with the real AMHR / AMHA papers, I would throw that horses Gold Seal and World Class papers in the trash just like I did with the others I used to have.

Jill

To me, if it's not AMHA and/or AMHR, it's not registered ;)

Jessi

:saludando: Thanks everyone for filling me in on these two "registries" .. I was approached by a woman who knew I was interested in training my horses for pet therapy and therefore was looking for smaller horses .. Her horse is a 3 yr old 27" silver dapple .. So I was kinda caught by surprise with the phone call .. I'm glad I posted & thanks again for filling me in!

Carol P.

I would just like to say..in defense of Gold Seal and World Class..that these registries do serve a purpose. I used to use World Class for my unregistered horses as a way of keeping track "officially" of the bloodlines. I later hard shipped the mares into AMHR so their foals could be registered. But, for people who do have unregistered horses..especially now that the two main registries are closed...it is a way to not let their horse go on as if it never existed.

I have a number that are AMHR and WCMHR and I don't keep up with the WCMHR papers anymore,BUT, if I sell them, the WCMHR papers will go with them just as well as the AMHR papers. Many people are showing in the WCMHR show each year, and would want those papers. Also, WCMHR just had their first judge licensed this year! YEAH for them!

Just my opinion, but several have said that those lesser registries were started by a person...so were AMHA and AMHR..
default_rolleyes.gif
: Everybody starts somewhere...

edited for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back