Happy Birthday to Red Dawn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
Hi all-

Thanks in great part to the prayers from you all, my Forum friends, Dawn made it through her surgery a year ago and has reached this big day in her life. She's a year old today - and we're having a party. We'll be heading over to Kristy's at Island Miniatures later today for a birthday bash. I can't believe we have reached this point, never would have thought it would happen a year ago.

For those of you new to the forum, Dawn was born with a dislocated hip and fractured femur. We elected to try surgery - it didn't hold, but did successfully fuse. She limps a little, and that leg is a little shorter than the others, but she has never known what it is to have 4 perfect legs and it doesn't bother her in the least. She is able to run with the wind. It took around the clock care for her as she was confined for 3 months to a 4' x 4' area in her mom's stall. She had to be let out to nurse and go right back into her little "prison". One of the vets at Surgi-Care in Brandon told me she had "Divine Intervention" and I believe it.

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAWN :aktion033: - it's going to be a great day. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Barbie
default_yes.gif
:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dawn!! :aktion033:

So glad she is doing well, congrats to you for getting her through that difficult time, and I hope she continues to do well.
default_smile.png

Oh Barbie, what a joy to hear such happy news! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her, and BIGWARMHUGS to you for being such a super mom to her and believing in her so greatly!
default_wub.png
:

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear little Dawn,

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

Posting this has spared you my singing!

Wishing you a wonderful first birthday. Wish we could be there to help you celebrate. Hopefully next year you'll celebrate your 2nd birthday and Tennessee and we can all be together!

Good job, Barbie, for having the faith and the stamina to give this little miracle a chance. :aktion033:

Love you both!

Tam, Dan & DJ

Well....this sure made me smile. Happy Birthday and yes I remember well her story and am so glad for such a wonderful outcome.

Ginny StP

I also remember Dawn's story! There were a lot of prayers said for your special girl!

It is wonderful that she is 1 year old and doing so well.

Hugs to you for being such of a devoted mini "mom" and a special hug for your very precious Dawn!!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! DAWN! You are another little miracle baby!!

Latest posts

Back