Happ's trail driving event

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
We have discussed it here and figure we will go up that day to see what it is. We've never been so it's a great opportunity for the girls to see if it is something they would enjoy doing. And it will be a road trip. Somewhere we have never gone before so we are hoping to meet some of you there.

Edited for correct event and correct date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you talking about the one sponsored by the NWMHC? If so, it is the weekend of May 1. The following weekend is the schooling weekend for the CDE. Very fun, good practice for the "big show" in June.

I have changed my schedule around a little, may attend one of these but the most likely one is the May 1. My son is bringing his girlfriend home to meet us in mid-May, so I have scuttled all other plans for the time being!
default_laugh.png

All combined driving events at Happ's are open to VSE's.
default_smile.png
I don't see anything marked for May 1st but Amy says the NWMHC has rented the facility that weekend for a fun day like the one in August. The combined driving schooling weekends would be good ones to watch (and for that matter, attend) and so would the Trec on April 24th. The "Horse Trials" are jumping and the Trail Horse Challenges are for ridden and in-hand horses, not driven.

Leia

April 24th wouldn't be a good time for us as the kids will be celebrating your anniversary that weekend. They have been married for 7yrs. Gees makes me feel old.

But the 1st of May seems to work for Vicky.

So what will happen that weekend. Is it just everyone going out for a trail drive together or is their competition that weekend?

The only horse we have that could even possibly go is Ariel because Duckie won't be ready and Jimmy will still be hurting more than likely. No one else is trained.

Marie,

I thought we were going to Happs on the 8th? Or are you and Vicky going to the one on the 1st without me?

And I have mares due on April 24th, so couldn't go to that one anyways
default_smile.png

Marie,
I thought we were going to Happs on the 8th? Or are you and Vicky going to the one on the 1st without me?

And I have mares due on April 24th, so couldn't go to that one anyways
default_smile.png
Dang Erin you caught me. I am gathering as much info as possible on the events being held on the 1st of May and the next one on the 8th of May. Helen also let me know there will be another NWMHC fun event on July 3rd so theres another event we could attend. So far it wouldn't be worth going to the one on May 1st unless we were able to take a horse as it's a free day basically to do what you want. Trail drives thru the country lanes or playing around cones and hazards. The one on the 8th is an actual CDE event that we could watch to see what is involved.

Latest posts

Back