Halloween, oh, what a night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Poor Maurice was down and away from home for 4 days so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Here's how Halloween went:

Maurice (my computer) and I were in the computer store while David my computer man began to operate. I was so worried because I was so afraid that he was going to end up in the closet with LaMar, my former computer. His wife who is 9 months pregnant called and said she was in horrible pain, so off he went rushing her to the ER and left me minding the store. I sold some ink. Cheers for me. Anyhow, I was watching the clock and knew I had to get home asap because the tiny Trick or Treaters would be there very early right after school and I also was going to have a bunch of teens partying and I had to get cooking and baking for them too. David finally called and told me to lock up because he wouldn't be back; his wife was passing a kidney stone. Oh goodness, poor girl, ouch, and poor Maurice who had never been away from home before.

I then rushed and I mean rushed to the grocery store and decided to just buy the darn cup cakes and more junk food because it was too late for baking. Then it occured to me that Dan's girlfriend is a vegatarian and she wouldn't be eating my buffalo wings or pizza so I had to get her something she could eat. So stupid me in a hurry wasn't thinking and for some reason I bought tuna to make a tuna noodle caserole. Well that didn't help since tuna is meat but by that time I was in such a hurry I didn't care and I was developing an attitude.

Get home just in time to get the horses stabled and fed and had to forego the grooming to get the ball rolling in the house. Ordered the pizzas from the general store and shoved the buffalo wings in the oven, made a tuna caserole anyhow, cooked that and set up a buffet for the teenagers in record speed. Picked up the pizzas in the nick of time, put on my Halloween costume, dressed up Tracey as here came the little tiny pre-schoolers up the stairs. How adaorable were they? I had about 20 of the teeny tiny ones and they were so cute!

Fed the dogs somewhere inbetween all this and now it's dark and the Trick or Treaters are coming in left and right. Got the strobe lights going on and the scarry music outside and the fog going on and the punkins all lit. Called Jerry to come home from work already and help and then here came the boys with thier girlfriends. Then more teenagers, then more trick or treaters. I had to put on some horror movies in all this that really set the stage. We had a few kids that had eggs and toilet paper but they got detoured quickly by our crowd of teens who were hiding stratigically outside and took their hijinks elsewhere. One kid had socked my mailbox with an egg but I got his 4 wheel tires right back with my stash that happened to be in my sweater pocket. Hey, got to be armed in these cases, right?
rolleyes.gif

Dan decided to take off with his girlfriend the vegatarian on his 4 wheeler for a 30 minute ride or so to ride through the cemetary while the other teens here were busy running in and out and shoveling food in their faces inbetween scarring everyone that came in the driveway. This was one noisy place. It was fun but Jerry looked like he was getting a headache. By 8:00 we noticed that Dan had been gone for over two hours and we began to worry. Not like Dan to take off for 30 minutes and stay gone. By 10:00 PM we get some kids on the porch that said the woods were on fire down at the old church and had Jerry call 911. Sirens blazing from the volunteer fire department, but there was no fire. Somebody was going to get in trouble for that one. Dan's still missing with his girlfriend so five car loads of friends went in different directions to go out and try to find them, including daddy who was not amused, leaving me alone here which was kinda scarey. We thought the 4 wheeler could have broken down on a backroad or that there had been an accident. Well, still no sign of Dan and his girlfriend so Jerry and I had to make the decision to call her parents and tell them that they went missing somewhere on the mountains. She was due home at 10:00 PM and lived some 20 miles away. They came over and right about the time we decided to call the sheriff to help search, here they came chugging in the driveway like "what's to eat around here......?" Sure enough, they went on some back roads and and had 4 wheeler troubles with oil leaking everywhere and they were frozen and girlfriend was very happy to have my hot tuna caserole.
yes.gif

We closed the party down after that and thank heaven's because we were all so worn out. Flopped into bed and wow what a mess I had to clean up on Tuesday.
ohmy.gif
It was sad taking down all our fall and Halloween decorations and putting everything back into storage for another year. It was all worth it though.

Wednesday, I put up my Thanksgiving Decorations and that was fun.

Now, where's those 400 strands of Christmas lights???????

Wow...we get no trick-or-treaters here at all. Of course, who in there right mind would come up our windy "main" road, then a half mile up our gravel side road, then up our dark driveway just for candy? Oh well, at least we don't need to buy a bunch of candy just in case like before...then we'd have candy sitting around tempting us.

Does Dan have a cell phone? It might not have worked well where they were, but if it did it would have meant a lot less worry for you.

Hey Susanne! I think next year you guys should make signs directing the kids to your place and make it a fun and haunted road with lots of scary things along the way! I could totally booby trap that place so baddddd.

No chance of any cell phones up here, they don't work at all so we don't have them. Jerry has one because he's always on the road someplace but there are lots of places where there's no signal, so it doesn't get used much.

Hey Marty,

You're hired! Next Halloween you can come visit here and we can have a blast scaring the bejeebers out of the little ones...

When I was growing up, we staged a haunted woods every Halloween, and families would come from all over Portland to get scared out of their wits. My father didn't like the idea of us going out trick-or-treating, so he organized this as a way for us all to have fun together. Even my younger brother and I, the two youngest of six kids, had roles in the extravaganza. Even our oversized clown doll, Cleedy, played his part: he was dropped from high in the trees via a hangman's noose, timed to fall right in front of people as they travelled the dimly lit path.

And I thought MY night was chaotic?!?!?!??!

Holy Cow Marty!!!!

Those that talk about scaring the trick or treaters, though....

I had all five kids dressed up and out trick or treating and we came along to a great Halloween themed house decorated like you wouldn't believe and as the kids were walking up the walkway up out of a pile of leaves comes two monsters with grim reaper type robes on and very very scary full masks over their heads. 4 of the kids screamed with fright and then laughed and went on up to the door, our three year old foster daughter went into a complete fit. Screaming bloody murder, sobbing with snot and tears running down her face, unable to breath....she actually never recovered from the fright. The two "monsters" felt terrible and took their masks off and tried to talk to her and she started up again with the screaming. She was done for the night, refused to go up to anymore houses and we had to take turns carrying her until the other kids wore themselves out and got too cold to continue.

poor thing...I think it was the first time she had ever gone (and she says will be the last)

Rule # 1 in my book is never to scare the little bitty kids. That's just not fun.....We don't do the lights or the bad music or any of that for the little ones. Nah....and Tracey and I greet them on the porch with loads of candy.

We do scare the older kids though. Oh yea buddy..... Dan has a SCREAM costume and then we have a couple of grim reapers, and assorted horror masks and vampires etc. But if someone is "too" scared and completely loosing it, the boys would quit and take off the masks, but that only happened once. Usually these kids tell more kids and then we get tons of kids. That's why we give FULL size candy bars!

Sounds like a lot of fun Marty! My friends and I made a haunted house on the front porch of my friend Erik's house, and we had a blast.Took me 20 min to realize the "dummy" holding the candy was a person and I screamed and fell down the 3 stairs when he jumped up and went "Boo!" THAT WAS SCARY!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back