Gulf Coast Miniature Horse Club AMHR/ASPC Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txminipinto

Reaction score
I just wanted to publically congratulate Vickie Hillard and crew on what some people said would be impossible. The GCMHC show this weekend at the AWESOME Brazos County Expo Center was the nicest show I have been to, locally, EVER. The facilities were top notch. Tall ceiling, with bright lights (didn't need my stall lights), BIG butt FANS (that's their name) in the barn and arena, clean, wonderful ground crew, always a wonderful breeze, it was just wonderful! HUGE arena with bleachers all the way around it. Easy access from the barn, plenty of bathrooms, and shower!

My stalls were located right next to the arena with a bathroom, concession stand, and a ramp to the arena rail right there. No need to run or hike to anywhere! I had a wonderful time. Friday was a little intense with the classes running so tight but I believe next year will be so much better.

The horses did well too with everyone getting points and I finished two Hall of Fames! McCarthy's Marshall Dillon has earned his Foundation Hall of Fame and Diamond Horseshoes Ima Toy Two earned his Jumping Hall of Fame with help from Julie Zander.

I can't wait to return to this facility in October and November for the new home of the Lone Star Pony Club show series as well!

Vickie and the GCMHC did an awsome job. They are to be congratulated for their tenacity and hard work. I will agree with Carin that the facility is top notch and they have enormous plans for more expansion. The staff were ever present to assist in any way. The show ran smooth with only a few very minor glitches and we finished every night at a very respectable time. 301 classes over 3 days.

Lots of asphault parking and RV sites and they plan to add many more RV sites. Might be a great site for a regional championship.

This is also the home of Texas A&M University and their rodeo team (which will include my granddaughter next year) will be stationed there.

Good show guys.

Good Afternoon,

Congrats Carin! & to the Gulf Coast Club!

Kelli and Jim went to support the show. They both talked how nice the facility was and Jim got to visit with some of the folks that worked there and found out it will be getting more updates additional barns, arenas etc. Now I hope that the club will go ahead and put in a full compliment of Amateur classes so that I can come next time. We too brought home grands under both judges in the Foundation Mare division and earning points too.

Hat's off to the Gulf Coast Show, now onto next year!

Karen

I agree Al! This would be an awesome facility for a national level area or regional show. Of course, it's 45 minutes for me so I'm a little biased! LOL!

Edited to add:

Al B was our AWESOME gate man! Thank you Al for all of your hard work. I appreciated it.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back