guide horse in training at World

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pam

Reaction score
I saw a gentlemen wearing a t-shirt stating that he was training a guide horse with a younger horse in harness and boots, walking around at the World. I saw him at a door, and I was going to approach him. I was going to confront him, but then thought...... why give him any attention?

I have been a teacher of the visually impaired for several years, and have taught at a residential school for the blind for 5 years. I am now studying to be an Orientation and Mobility instructor, in order to teach people with visual impairments how to travel safely with the white cane. I am also going to the Seeing Eye Dog training center in December. We have some discussion in our class concerning using miniature horses as service animals, and basically, most professionals in the field do not take this seriously.

When I saw this person approaching a door incorrectly, I just looked the other way. I figured it was not worth a confrontation with this individual. In my opinion, I also suspect that this person actually visited the show WANTING a confrontation.

I am so glad that the lawsuit is over for the forum. I see very caring people on this forum, who love their miniature horses, but also know their limitations.

I am looking forward to the day that this practice fizzles out.

Sorry, but Mary Lou has asked that any discussions on the group remain private.

Thanks, Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back