Guess who's going south?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
You all may know me as an "appy person", but my full-size horses are pintos, and quite a few of my miniatures are either solids, or pintos, along with my appaloosas.

I have a palomino pinto mare that is a maternal half sister to my AMayZing, and by "Ice", the stallion that I leased last year (this one was born several years previously). I received a chance to send a mare to Lotto (RHA Lotto Locomotion) and this mare is it. I'm SO excited. Meet "Magic Mist Iced In High Cotton" (please excuse her hairiness, perhaps we can show new pics of her after she heads to the warmer climate!), soon to be Lotto's newest girlfriend.
default_smile.png
CottonandfoalsinApril024.jpg
]

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!
default_smile.png

It is too late! Nort already has a girlfriend! ROKO Painted Apache Sahara Rain, aka Sophie, is his current main squeeze! Well hopefully she is already done with him and will soon come home and make room for your girl. LOL!

This is Sophie:

sophie1.jpg

And for those of you who haven't already seen him this is RHA Lotto Locomotion, aka Nort. (I am sure Robin won't mind me posting his pics)

lotto1.jpg

And I also have a palomino mare with a blaze and socks that Robin wants to breed Nort to. I am breeding her to my boy this year, but she looks alot like your mare. It will give me kind of an idea what he can produce with her.

This is her, Triple Ks Copys BTU Golden Girl.

gg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and don't worry girls somehow I am pretty sure Lotto will be glad to build a harem!
default_wink.png

Yup! "The Nort" loves the ladies!
default_laugh.png

I'm excited about Cotton coming!
default_aktion033.gif

I love this pic of Nort too

website1016001.jpg

Oh boy Lori!!! How exciting! That Lotto is one good lookin' fella! He wears his crown well, LOL!

My brain is fried from mare stare; I have not just one, but two mares overdue, at 357 and 358 days.
default_wacko.png

I meant to say a big THANK YOU to Robin Olmstead, who owns Lotto. I've always admired her beautiful boy, and I never thought I'd get to breed a mare to him.
default_wub.png
Thank you Robin!!

And, I could use some advice: It's been quite chilly here, with highs generally just in the forties to fifties during the day and down in the thirties at night. Cotton has a lot of hair, and Oklahoma has been in the 80's and 90's. Do I body-olip her shortly before she leaves, and send a blanket with her? I don't want Robin to have to clip her. Or do I just hope that she sheds out quickly? She needs her permanent AMHR papers done too, and she's so light colored you can't see her pinto markings right now.

And I also have a palomino mare with a blaze and socks that Robin wants to breed Nort to. I am breeding her to my boy this year, but she looks alot like your mare. It will give me kind of an idea what he can produce with her. This is her, Triple Ks Copys BTU Golden Girl.

gg3.jpg
Julie,

I just love this mare. I looked at her as a weanling, but it wasn't in the budget; and, again when she came available, but still not in the budget. So glad to see someone in the "family" has her now, so I can see her foals.

Thats going to be a lovely cross ! Lotto makes some lovely babies ! and I cant wait to see the outcome !

and Julie I LOVE YOUR MARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you might have a buyer for that lotto foal if you will take payments NOW so when its

born it will be paid for LOL

As for the temps here in OK - magic my two geldings are still full of fur I think your mare will do fine my boys are rolling and scratching trying to get it off but they are fuzzballs right now still and its a bit chilly now and then too not always in the 90's lol

When do you send her to lotto? I might can see her as I plan a visit back to Robins in June ! gotta see the upcoming foals that will be hitting the ground soon

You are a lucky gal to be breeding a mare to Lotto none the less a beautiful palomino ( my fav ! well tied with a buckskin)

I think if they have to change climate always better to go from hot to cold then the other way around. I would wait till a couple days before she leaves and head and neck her- do a strip going down her chest as well to give her some "air-conditioning" A lot of my horses have had that done for about a month or more and our temps then were the same as yours are now

Look at all the lovely ladies Nort is getting
default_wub.png
Lucky owners of the mares too. Cant wait to see what u get next year.

Latest posts

Back