Grrrrrr

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
Ok, so Good Friday wasn't so good for me. After a nightmare trip to Walmart with my daughter, I hit a deer about a mile from my house. Knocked the entire front end of my 6 month old Avalanche loose. No one was hurt, except for the deer. We were lucky, I suppose, considering the millions of times I have been up and down our road in three years, this is the first accident.

Then yesterday, it SNOWS!!!!!!!! And it snows alot!! FOR HOURS AND HOURS. First of all, I don't care for snow, and you don't even want to know how much we just spent to finish off the landscaping for the pool we put in last fall!!!

To top it all off, I clipped the horses last week, so I had to put them all on lock down, dig out the coats and hay all of them. They are cranky because we have a huge green pasture just teasing them to come out.

I just can't believe that my hubby and I were sitting at a track meet 3 days ago, getting sunburned, and so hot I was sick to my stomach and now this!! :eek:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/whi.../EasterSnow.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c144/whi...eastersnow2.jpg

Brrrr it certainly does look cold there! Well we don't have snow on the ground but for sure it's cold! 38 freezing degrees so far with it only going up to 40 something. Yesterday morning we got snow but it did'nt stick around too long. Winter is trying to hold on. I guess thats what we get for having such a mild winter.

We have Easter snow too :no: Since it started snowing on Thursday we have received about 6 or 7 " of the horrid white stuff and it is so cold out there that the buckets are freezing overnight. I sure hope this is the last of it. I need spring and sunshine!

Yvonne

Tell me about it!! LOL I am 60 miles east of Waco and nearly put the a/c on last week, now this. Least I hadnt clipped the horses yet, but they are shed out. Snowed here for about 8 hours, more on then off too LOL If the snow hadnt been so wet, it would have accumulated more, but as it was, only about 1" deep. Still had snow when I got up this a.m. , even up high in the trees. Mom came up from Houston for the weekend and this is the first snow she has seen since leaving CT back in '84.

My little snowbird self was happy, as was my new Heeler pup who came from SD in Feb
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Sorry about hitting the deer but the pics you gave arent snow around here thats a dusting and old timers say that that is supposed to be poor mans fertilizer that is it adds needed moisture to the ground and often it doesnt hurt even tropical plants. Time will tell we got 14 inches of new snow on Wed with more predicted for tonight. I too am very tired of it but it will be weeks now before ours is gone and they say there will b e Spring skiing into late May.

[SIZE=14pt]jeeze, i know we have some snow here too! i wanted to clip our old moth eaten pony when it warmed up last week and my husband said..."don't do it, you know what happens every year" glad i listened to him...we had to put the heaters back in the water tanks :eek: . i have to also say even w/ the snow your pool is beautiful
default_yes.gif
: ! Nikki [/SIZE]

No snow, but we did have sleet here yesterday, after an 88 degree day two days before! I agree it was a pretty miserable weekend. I had about 6 clipped horses to cover up, and another 6 running a fever last night plus the due mare I'm watching and the eye injury I'm treating. Was out in the barn for 3 hours feeding, cleaing, taking temps and giving meds....and it was COLD.

Everyone seems okay today, I guess it was a 24 hour thing with no other real symptoms.

Jan

I hope backwoodsnanny is right, especially since the landscaper put in 18 rose bushes that just bloomed out and were totally loaded! (with roses and snow!) And I think the sod we had done actually looks greener.

I'm just amazed we had snow and nothing seems the worse for wear! Weird weekend for sure.

Thanks for the pool compliments, Nikki, if any of you come through East Texas this summer, stop in for a swim.

I feel so bad for those of you with lots of snow! It's supposed to be back in the low 80's here by tomorrow. No wonder my little nose is stopped up!!

Oh yeah, my picture of the snow flower bed was on the news Easter morning. (my son took the pics, that's probably why!)

Sorry to hear about hitting the deer, but glad no one was hurt. Vehicles can be replaced, you can't!
default_smile.png

My sympathy on the snow, it had warmed up here a couple of weeks ago, and we have had freezing snowy weather the last few days now too. So depressing.

Latest posts

Back