Grrrrr some of u make me angry!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hon, Be wise, be cool..start over and learn for the love of your horses..a LOT of us care and are there for you..try to think of it like you have hired a personal trainer to be there to train. I know in the old days mine was pretty hard on me but boy did I learn a lot!

Likewise here too. I find the straightforward posts with good information even if critical help me more than anything and I'm hungry for those people willing to teach me that way.

Anything that makes it personaly hurtful or flaming needs to grow up, not be petty, judging and get BACK to what this forum is about! COME ON people!

There is enough grief in this world! I haven't even been able to go outside to hug my horses for three days due to pain and couldn't walk!

My husband brought them one by one to the porch today so I could do that. So think about what your saying and doing and lets help others hungry to learn!

And you stay strong!

PS ALSO IS it me or are there a lot of subjects on this side of the forum that are really BAck Porch stuff? JMHO..but am I right? Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]Ok now... Ive waited three pages to put in my two cents.... ok maybe 25 cents. As the earlier poster pointed out, I am generally blunt with my replys, often not what the young ones want to hear but I am a mom and thats what I do.... I have taken every last one of you under my wing on the board. Because I have alot of time on my hands, Im a prisoner in my house because I cant drive but I come here to the forum...... I wont mince words..... I wont let you believe something is right and ok when it really isnt..... I dont want you or your horses put into situations that you cant get out of. I dont speak from a mean heart but a sincere one that really does want to help and make you better horsewomen, better breeders, more confidant in what you do. When you poo poo the answers I give or just say out and out that I must be out to get your or just plain nuts, it is very frustrating to hear. When my years of experience showing and breeding are knocked by your determination to be right....well..... just know that I really have your best at heart , for you and your horses.[/SIZE]

Lyn

One Ritz-C-Kid said:
[SIZE=14pt]Ok I am now going to vent because in the past and present I have been flamed with trying to share somthing which I thought was kewl!!U flame us ALL hte time and I understand that u areconserned about the horses health and stuff but Imean comeon people!!Some of you just flame me and others because you want to.We arnt stupid so LAY OFF!!!I am taking a breakfromLB because you make me sooo peeved!!Grrr....I am sorry to all who are nice and considerate but the others need to lay off.Please!!I will not be reading this post after so if you wish to speak to me e-mail me at [email protected]!![/SIZE]
509102[/snapback]

OkI knowIsaid Iwasnt coming toread it but some one told me Ihad better espond soI ambut I am not gettting angry because Iwas*scolded* I am open tonew imfoand help and critique but somepeoplejust decideto taKe ttofar.They treat us *Yungings*as u put it like idiots.And we arnt.
Well, it took me a while to decipher this out. It MIGHT be a little easier to convince people that you aren't stupid if you would learn to SPELL.

I seldom post because I know that I have much to learn and can learn the most by keeping my mouth shut. A LOT of people haven't learned that yet.

It really BUGS me to read posts from people who obviously have NO IDEA what they are doing (obvious from reading some of their other posts) ACTING like they are some kind of expert and giving other people advise.

I'll be blunt. Its better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt.

Ashley said:
Hey now runamuck, I am NOT a old fart.
509164[/snapback]

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
hee hee not quite yet but getting close
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

heck ash I am only 36 but according to my teen and my tween I am really old and the boy's dad is downright antique
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

This is really sad to see all the posts like this anymore......I am 17 years old and yes I am going to be blunt....You guys that are my age or close to it, act like you are 5. First of all, If you are going to post on an adult forum, please learn to speak and type like one.

Second of all, You need to understand that the people on this forum that you are asking for advice, are the professionals in the horse world. They are wonderful people and they are genuinley concerned about you and your horses. They get frustrated when they try to help you, but their advice falls on deaf ears, and tomorrow we see another sob story.

When I post (which is rarely anymore, but im a daily reader), I try to do so as an adult, which should be expected from someone who is 17 years old. I don't know how old you are, but I am assuming close to my age, and I know Leanna is also about 17. I realize that you may both be very unexperienced with horses, but please try to understand that there are many here that arent, and their advice is for your own good.

When you ask for it, You are going to get flamed.

Ashley

QUOTE(Ashley @ Nov 29 2005, 07:10 PM)Hey now runamuck, I am NOT a old fart.

heck ash I am only 36 but according to my teen and my tween I am really old and the boy's dad is downright antique 

HUm.............21 is a old fart? Ok this is gonna sound mean but it really isnt supposed to be. I thought you were actually older then that. So nope you dont fall in the old fart catagory yet.

Ashley said:
QUOTE(Ashley @ Nov 29 2005, 07:10 PM)Hey now runamuck, I am NOT a old fart.

HUm.............21 is a old fart? Ok this is gonna sound mean but it really isnt supposed to be. I thought you were actually older then that. So nope you dont fall in the old fart catagory yet.

509342[/snapback]

Not mean at all you are in touch with the real me who is around 200
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

~LadyBug~ said:
This is really sad to see all the posts like this anymore......I am 17 years old and yes I am going to be blunt....You guys that are my age or close to it, act like you are 5. First of all, If you are going to post on an adult forum, please learn to speak and type like one. Second of all, You need to understand that the people on this forum that you are asking for advice, are the professionals in the horse world. They are wonderful people and they are genuinley concerned about you and your horses. They get frustrated when they try to help you, but their advice falls on deaf ears, and tomorrow we see another sob story.

When I post (which is rarely anymore, but im a daily reader), I try to do so as an adult, which should be expected from someone who is 17 years old. I don't know how old you are, but I am assuming close to my age, and I know Leanna is also about 17. I realize that you may both be very unexperienced with horses, but please try to understand that there are many here that arent, and their advice is for your own good.

Ashley

509336[/snapback]

I wasn't going to post to this either, but I honestly do feel the need to.

I fully agree with everyone who has issues with your spelling. In this day and age, there are NUMEROUS ways to check your spelling. The occasional mistake is ok - no one is perfect.

I'm sorry hun, but to me it seems that you are just getting butt hurt over nothing. We were trying to prevent you from HURTING your horse; and I know you don't want that. We were just trying to help. Try opening up your mind to suggestions, instead of being so closed minded.

~LadyBug~ said:
This is really sad to see all the posts like this anymore......I am 17 years old and yes I am going to be blunt....You guys that are my age or close to it, act like you are 5. First of all, If you are going to post on an adult forum, please learn to speak and type like one. Second of all, You need to understand that the people on this forum that you are asking for advice, are the professionals in the horse world. They are wonderful people and they are genuinley concerned about you and your horses. They get frustrated when they try to help you, but their advice falls on deaf ears, and tomorrow we see another sob story.

Ashley

509336[/snapback]

My dear Ladybug (Ashley),

To your credit....Thank you for posting.....I have read your other posts in the past and you come across as very mature. I would never have guessed your age. I am very impressed! You totally blew your secret! LOL!

MA

Hi Tristan.

I know you love your horse and you are very proud and you were just wanting to share your excitment. I understand that.

I also hope you use the youth board too. That's what it's there for. I'm really sorry that you were hurt.

I am sorry your feeling this way, but you just gotta learn to take it....ITS LIFE!!! If you think about it, most of the people sitting on the other side of the line are pro's! You can take there advice or leave it! People here are willing to help you. Just because some people might not agree with what your doing, that's just them and you have to realize it...even if they think the other way is wrong! These people have successfully raised horses for years, and know Horse

do's and don'ts!

I can also tell you, that there are going to be MANY things in our lives (I am about the same age as you) that our going to be in the same situation! Quitting is not always the best..... cause some things we wont be able to escape!

Gage

Miniv said:
~LadyBug~ said:

Ashley

509336[/snapback]

My dear Ladybug (Ashley),

To your credit....Thank you for posting.....I have read your other posts in the past and you come across as very mature. I would never have guessed your age. I am very impressed! You totally blew your secret! LOL!

MA

509425[/snapback]

And thats still not all of it! I think I remember her saying she graduated like at 15 and is a certified vet!!!!! WOW!!

I TOTALLY agree with Ashley, were dealing pro's here..... you can take it or leave it..... but if you ask for it, your going to get it!

Gage

This kind of thing bothers me to no end.

I understand why many of the youth members on the forum feel they are being flamed. From lack of experience (sorry, but thats what it boils down to), they make mistakes (just like everyone else) and at the time they may not realize it is detrimental to the well being of their horse. I would say 99% of the time the members of this forum say something to give a little more information to the poster so they can do better next time. They try to do it nicely, but if the orginal poster gets defensive or it falls on deaf ears, they get a little frustrated. In result later posts get more blunt answers that some people may think is flaming.

I 100% understand why some of the youth members get very defensive.

#1 reason...they feel honestly a little embarassed that they made a mistake and did not know to do better. This is in no way their fault as they lack to years of experience of other members (sorry but IMO there is no arguing this no matter how much experience the youth thinks they may have had) and have no other way to know. Embarassment makes a lot of people defensive.

#2 They honestly think what they are doing is right, maybe they were taught something differently by someone they trust, maybe they have different principles and training methods. I think suggestions can be made in this instance, but if they won't budge, leave well enough alone as long as the horse is not in mortal peril.

#3 The youth (or inexperienced person) thinks they know better than everyone on the forum (or they KNOW they know better) and just posts a question so they can get defensive and show that they really do know something, even if it isn't correct.

I think those are the major reasons youth get frustrated and feel they are getting flamed. But for all youth out there (myself at 18...so I'm included), you need to get a grip. C'mon everyone suck it up buttercup! Whether you like it or not many of these people have been breeding, raising and training horses long before you were born and like it or not, they know a lot more than you do, no matter how much you read or how many lessons you take. Don't get frustrated guys! Just soak up every tidbit of knowledge they have like a little sponge! In a few years time YOU will be the ones with all the knowledge showing all the youth on the forums all the wonderful knowledge you have to share! Better soak up all that knowledge now rather than wish you did later.

Remember youth in order to convince the older more experienced horse people on this forum that you are mature, responsible and an intelligent human being (we know you are!) you NEED to spell correctly. Take some time on your posts and take the time to proof read...PLEASE! This makes it easier for all the members of the forum to understand your post. This makes sure there are no misunderstandings and members can give their best replies to your posts. Don't use alternate spellings like kewl, or use too much internet lingo. Keep that stuff to an absoltute minimum because many of the members from the older generation really have no idea what these mean.

I think if the youth of this forum and the older crown and everyone inbetween start doing their part and have a little mutual respect for each other it will go a long ways in helping this forum.

I hope my long winded post has helped.

I'm not sure exactly what post or posts have upset you. One thing though is a lot of times, people are just "asking for it" when they post about certain issues. And then A LOT of times, people "ask" for opinions but all they really are wanting to hear is "yes, you are doing it right".

Personally, I try to consider the other person's feelings when I post but at the same time, I'm not going to post something just to be a yes person if I have a different opinion that I feel is important. I want people to know I say what I believe and not just what I think others want to hear.

Also, when I ask for opinions here, I do truly want them. Doesn't mean I will agree with all the opinions that are shared but I am open to considering other opinions or I would not ask. Most of the time, or at least a lot of the times, when people are asking for opinions they are not emotionally prepared to actually hear them.

Falling into the old fart category, and proudly I might add, there've been times when the youth of this forum have given their two cents, and meant a million bucks to me!
wink.gif

Having young women and men like Jamie, Nicole, VooDoo and Gage, who clearly have the best interests of their horses in mind and write more intelligently than some business executives, sure makes me smile. Very often, when threads like this present themselves, I enjoy hearing from the poster's peers. Seems their advice resonates to folks of all ages!

One thing I've learned about horses.....the more I know, the more I realize how inadequate I am in knowledge of these beautiful creatures.

P.S. - ASHLEY.....Being an old fart isn't such a bad thing.

Old Foginess has it's advantages such as being eccentric is tolerated and/or amusing. Embarrassing our kids is a sacred responsibility of parents that helps develop their character...and we're allowed to have doing it!
rolleyes.gif

Well I think Maxine, Lyn & Cindy have summed it up nicely. I'm another old fart and realized yesterday that as much as I know I need to know more, thus my home here in the forum.

You were jumping a small miniature horse 4 feet. My daughter used to jump the big horses and let me tell you 4 feet is a big jump. I didn't read the entire other thread but when I read your post I suspected many would warn you not to do this and you would be hurt, thus I did not post.

I am posting here as I value our young members and really enjoy their enthusiasm BUT they must be able to understand this is a forum of all aged folks, male and female and if you open a door to someone you'd better be ready to say howdy and listen.

OK?

[SIZE=14pt]Something that entered my mind also today....IF someone is embelishing a story..... making a fish tale out of a situation.... said situation doesnt make sense or seems dangerous to us....we coment..... coments are deemed as flames, then who is really responsible for the "problem"? Those of us who answer the thread in an unpopular way or the person doing the embelishing of the story. Not saying that this was the case here with Ritz but something to think about on several of the threads. When I was 15 I did some embelishing myself in order to feel more important. It generally blew up in my face.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back