Growing Watermelon - Question!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hosscrazy

Reaction score
I planted some watermelon in March, and boy, they sure are happy plants!! I have 2 watermelons right now - one is about the size of a small watermelon, or the equivalent of 2 cantelopes.

It's green with stripes, but how in the world will I know when it's ripe? I was told to "thump" it, which I did - didn't really mean a whole lot to me!
default_unsure.png
:

Suggestions????

Liz R.
default_eat.gif
:

Oh, this really helps - thank you!!! :aktion033: The tendril is definitely still green and it does "ping" when I thump it - so it's not quite ripe yet - thanks!!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

*sneaking into Liz's garden and checking to see if her watermelons are ripe...might be gramma pony making all that noise behind me smacking her lips*

Yummm...watermelon!

:D

Not much help here for ripeness, but it's my favorite fruit when it is a "10" (i.e. perfect texture, sweetness and ripeness, color!)

L..

I've grown watermelon plants....and that's the extent of it.... :lol: , the watermelon fruit itself never came to be!
default_wacko.png
: But I think Nyla in right on, as that's what I've heard tell from the farmers over on this end. Let us know when yours are ready for the pickin'......time, date....I'll bring the napkins and salt! :saludando:

Latest posts

Back