Great weekend with the Prancers, nice weather!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I packed a lunch and stayed out in the barn from sun up till sun down finally enjoying a whole day of serious grooming. Did bridle paths and zapped off those ugly nasty fetlock hairs that HURT me so bad to look at all winter long. Show sheen was in full force, and scrunchies for all! This is what its really all about for me. Lots of carrot treats involved and a day of good fun. I needed that!

Here's Nicky, the sweetest stallion on earth.

Nickmarch2010.jpg

And Glory. She's lovely and as always delightfully sweet. Not a lot going on upstairs but you can't beat her for kindness and a killer pedigree. She's Blaze's mommy and a really good horse.

Glory2010.png

Sonny who will be turning a whopping big 28 years young this spring. He had a nasty long hard winter and spent most days in the comforts of his big stall refusing to go out in the cold. He's jumping for joy in this warmer weather we are having. Took me nearly an hour to get his fetlock hairs clipped off they were so thick and stupid long UGH!

spring2010-1.jpg

And who's this?

Yup, its that blasted Redneck colt baby Blaze! If he hits 30" it may be a miracle. This boy is a trainwreck! He has achieved great champion success in becoming a mastermind at escaping his stall! We are now on our third latch which includes a big bolt this time that he is presently working on. Blaze and I have also begun some clicker training and having a good time with that too.

March2010.jpg

And here's the boy peeping out like the sneak he is from behind my Rover. He has stolen Amy's basket ball right out of her mouth and literally ran her out of the barn! Poor Amy was devastated. She doesn't like sharring her ball!

marchbasketball1.png

march2010basketball.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Spring to all.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to have a Marty Barn update with super pictures!!!! It's 52 here, moved the show horses to the indoor arena around the corner and started working my hot headed red head this morning. He's the talk of the big horse barn. They show pintos so he kinda fits in, in a midget kinda way. Should have seen the rukus he started when he fired up the arena this morning, had all those big horses bucking and kicking their stalls. I don't think they know what he is yet. Ah SPRING!!!!!

Great pics Marty. I love your little redneck, he looks like quite a character. Kinda like my yearling boy, Cas. Someone told me when I named him that I might one day be calling him, "Cas the butt." Hmmm. There are days!!!!
default_laugh.png

What a kind of day to have. Lucky you. That Blaze is a cutie......just being a typical little boy.
default_biggrin.png

BTW Did you get your camera working or did you take these pictures with a different one?

Bonnie

Love your barn and all your horses seem so happy! Nick is so handsonme.
default_wub.png
What no pic of Angel?
default_wub.png
I think she is my favorite. Isn't it amazing what a little barn time will do for someone.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

That's great you got to spend the whole day out in the barn grooming. Way more fun than fixing fences, cleaning up branches broken off the tree, cleaning up the broken water tub pieces and just general clean up. What a truly enjoyable colt Blaze must be to have around. We all have to have one that keeps us hopping. Brave little guy though to steal that basket ball. I hope you have many more days that are warmer, sunnier, and you are able to get out and get those scrunchies working for you.

Nothing better for mental health than a day spent with our horses and or dogs.

Marie

Latest posts

Back