Great videos with Prince Philip and combined driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
After the intro, these videos follow Prince Philip' 4-in-hand Cleveland Bay crosses and two pony 4-in-hand teams through the first driving trials at Sandringham. These are both entertaining and educational.

INTRO & PART 1

Pour yourself a big cup of coffee (or tea, since this is British) and enjoy!

THANK YOU, Susanne, for posting these links! I FINALLY got higher speed internet installed yesterday, and am absolutely MAD with the joy of being able to actually WATCH videos that I have so wanted to see!! I just finished Part 1, have to go out and do the AM horse chores(in the snow; we are finally having some moisture...HURRAH!!), but can't think of a better way to spend much of a cold snowy day than watching more horse/driving/whatever horsey videos!

Margo

That's right...you haven't been able to check out videos in the past!

In that case, I can't resist -- here's our much-shared video from the 2008 Beachdrivers' weekend at Long Beach, Washington:

You're going to think I am crazy, but...I am sitting here tearing up. ALL this time I've only been able to read about you all, and now I finally get to SEE all of you. What a wonderful time you all seem to be having...it's just the kind of thing I have always loved to do, drivingwise...how I WISH I could have been there! BUT, now I feel almost like a participant! Goodness...that smooth hard sand, that crashing surf in the background.....! And you all moving those horses around and moving out in what I assume was your camping area? I can't begin to convey what an absolute JOY it is to get to see this; again, Susanne...thank you SO much!!!!

Margo

I still plan on you joining us one of these summers, Margo!

Of course, this video removes all doubt as to what a dweeb I am -- I cringe when I hear myself yammering in the background! I'm sure you recognized Kody and Leia, and on the beach Daryl -- BigDogs_LittleHorses -- and Dancer (bald-faced chestnut). The person you see driving Dancer is Bob Graham, aka carriage on this forum. There is also a brief glimpse of Liz (Nootka) and Mouse. Daryl did all of the filming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daryl mustuv had the ugly filter installed....

Still feel bad as when Daryl went to the car to grab something (probably the ugly filter), he asked me to hold Dancer for him. When he came back, his 'Bike and horse were gone. She was antsy and wanted to move out. So I boarded and realized that she was not gonna stand still all pretty and all and so we started to move off which made her MUCH happier. I did move farther than I had intended cause she wasn't ready to come back just yet. While I have grown to love other horses, Dancer was my first favorite. As I recall she was put to much faster than horses should be, but handled it with amazing grace. I was glad when she found a home with Daryl.

Finally got a chance to watch these - I enjoyed them so much, thanks for the links Susanne!

Makes me want to learn to drive a 4 in hand - I have been after my Grandad to teach me, I've driven pairs but not more than that. I think I'll stop at 4 though, unlike him. ;-)

Latest posts

Back