Great show at Nationals for MiLo Acres Training Centre and our gang!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
It was the boys show that's for sure! Our gelding, JEM Duke It Out belonging to Garnet Barnesdale, went Top Ten in halter and Buck On's Xpress Male, our 30 - 32" under stallion belonging to Nancy Shantz of Sweetdreams Minis, also took a Top Ten in halter, Open Pleasure, Stallion Pleasure and a Top Five in the Pleasure Under Stake. Our girls - JEM Break 'n' Pattern, Maple Mountain Splash of Maple and Chupp Full Of Grace, although they all showed very well, didn't take any ribbons but we are still very proud of them all.

Kim Barnesdale (forum member We Three Minis) and my adopted 13 year old show son, Mackenzie DeGelder, travelled down with me and we all had a great time! It was so good to see everyone although I missed seeing Stephanie (ThreeC on the forum) I DID CALL!!!

I would like to say thank you to all the people who put the show together and work so hard for us in the office and in all areas. Everyone is always so cheerful, polite and helpful even after putting in soooo many long hours. You are all terrific!!!

I want to say a very special thank you to Mack who is just a great kid to have around. Tuesday night I stayed up most of the night getting our 3 mares ready to show for Wednesday, showed all day Wednesday and then drove Xpress Wednesday night. I had Xpress and Sweetdreams Sugar and Spice (Nancy Shantz's yearling colt) to get ready for Thursday morning but just couldn't see clipping a colt without getting some sleep. I set the alarm for 2 hours sleep and asked Mack, who had a nap in the afternoon, to please make sure I woke up. 4 1/2 hours later he woke me up and just before I could say "aw Mack you should have woken me up earlier!!!" he said "I bathed both boys, swept out the clipping stall and tied Sugar in there, fed and watered all the horses, swept the aisleway, put the cover on the cart and put it away. I would have let you sleep longer but didn't know how long it would take to clip Sugar. You can go back to sleep once you finish him and I will bath him for you." WHAT AN ANGEL!!!!!

Anyway, great show, great people and just an all round GREAT TIME!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is a real helper!!

Could use a few more hundred of them I bet!

Congratulations.

Bonnie

Yippee!!! That was fun wasn't it! We had lots of giggles, too
default_biggrin.png
Can't wait to do it next year. But you did forget my forum name, Lori? LOL

Hubby and I were very proud of Duke and his Top Ten!!!! Huge thanks to Lori and her wonderful training and handling!!
default_biggrin.png
I was also very proud of Fleur (JEM Break N Pattern) she also showed very well thanks to Lori. I just love my mare!!!
default_wub.png
It was nice for a change to be able to spend an extended period of time with them. Now I really miss them, tho.
default_sad.png
I am having Fleur withdrawls.

Congrats to Nancy for Xpress' Top Ten placings! I just love him! What a sweet stallion!

Want to say congratulations to all. I meet Nancy at the Classic Showi at Mt Forest Ontario Canada congratulations Nancy and to the others. Mack your a great helper. Glad all had a wonderful time.and a safe trip

Congratulations Lori and all on your Nationals placings. It was great seeing you guys again. Missed Desiree, but I know she was in school. If I had known Mack was such a great helper I would have snuck over and "borrowed" him!! LOL LOL

Thanks everyone! And sorry Kim - I did forget your forum name but at least I got your horse's names right!

I count myself very lucky to have Mack around - he is a really big help and has a natural talent with the horses - they all love him!

Congrats to all for your success at Nationals. Sounds like u had some really great help
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back