Grand Champions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I would so like to thank Mark, Sharon and Leonard for making the Presentation of the Grands a sucess. I think it went pretty well. The things that people seemed to like best this year was the honoring of the owners of the Grand Champion Horses.

There were a few oops's-- like we forgot to get a picture of all of them together. At least that is what Darcia told me. If we could get Roger Itel to kind of tell the winners where to go it maybe would help. And then maybe the breeder of year of the past year or someone like that could be out there with Larry.

But, all in all I think it was pretty cool.

There was one thing that kind of bothered me. This Camera Coverage thing is so wonderful, but I think that there were a lot of exhibitors and trainers watching in the barn, instead of the stands. I guess I feel that if you don't come and clap for the winners of that year, who is going to clap for you when it is your turn. You might not agree with the picks but once they are chosen-- they are our Grand Champions and I think they deserve to be acknowledged by everyone in person if at all possible.

Lets face it folks--all we are doing is providing and selling entertainment, and entertainment should be entertaining.

In my opinion Mark, Sharon, Leonard, and the Camera Man, and our National Show have done more for our AMHR horses than the all directors, and the marketing people, put together. The whole Show was a class act but not stuffy.

And I promise that when I turn 70 I will not be out there dancing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too think that there were a lot watching at the stalls. This is a big huge deal, all of these horses were amazing, the people who put their hard work, dedication and many many hours of training to win this coveted award. We are not only recognizing the amazing horses that will be a part of AMHR history, but we are at the same time honoring the owner, breeder, trainer etc. as well, and I feel they all deserve everyones support, respect and lots and lots of applause.

I can watch shows from the computer when I'm at home - part of the fun I think is being there "live". The show was indeed a class act, and enjoyable both as a spectator and an exhibitor.

Jan

I have to say one more thing about the Run. I don't know if many of you know this, but Larry is kind of an old hippy too. When we were out there cut'n up the rug, he said to me," Flower Power". It took me back to 1967 and we were all in San Francisco. Enough now, time to get back to work here.

While I understand it is a honor and of course being there in the arena is over half the fun I also understand how busy Nationals is and with classes running late and starting early - stalls to be cleaned - tack to be cleaned- horses to be fed, people taking time to try and eat something and about a million other things to do I think it is wonderful they have the ability to watc h and be part of the celebration be it in the barns or across the country.

Latest posts

Back