Got husbands results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Taylor Jo

Well good news first. He's got emphysema of the lungs. Bad news. He's got Stage 4 cancer of the lungs, left kidney, and liver. They gave him 6 mths to live if they do nothing. If they do something he could live 3 mths to 5 years. He goes for a port a cath tomorrow and starts chemo for 6 mths starting Oct 14th. While at the Drs' the other day he was complaing of shortness of breath so they went and drained him so more of fluid on the lungs and took off almost 2 L of fluid. They don't know where the fluid is coming from and have to figure that out. They may glue the lining of his lungs and the lung together to prevent the fluid build up or put a tube in is chest and have him drain it when he gets SOB. But right now they just want to get him started on the chemo.

His family has started to arrive and are visiting. He's enjoying that and doing very well. It's helped a lot having that fluid drained so he can breath to talk and move around a bit. So we'll see what takes place. I'll keep you all informed. TJ

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear about his diagnosis. Prayers said and good luck.
default_wub.png

Hugs

Bonnie

I'm so glad he's keeping up the good spirits and his family is gathering around. I'm so sorry to hear that it was not better news. Take care....prayers and good thoughts.

Was hoping for better news. I'm glad family i gathering around. Prayers, good thoughts and hugs to you both.

Barbie

So sorry, you both are in my prayers and thoughts.

Lisa

I am SO SORRY to hear this diagnosis. I feel for you. The fluid is from the cancer... my Other Half lost almost EIGHTY POUNDS of fluid by the time he got done with his chemo treatments!! It was the worst thing I ever saw, and filled his entire body from his toes to his armpits. Good thing he's a BIG guy. It looked like a cartoon-I've never seen anything like it. After his 2nd chemo, it started to let up as the chemo was affecting the cancer cells to stop producing the fluid.

I am just at a loss of words.... I dont know that there is anything that could be more devistating. It's going to be rough.. keep your chins up. Sending truck loads of hugs your way!!!!

I wish that the results could have been better, I'm so sorry.
default_sad.png
I hope that the treatments give him as much quality time as possible. {{{{hugs}}}}

I'm so sorry. My heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to you both. {{{{hugs}}}}

default_no.gif
Oh no, I am so sorry that you have received such terrible news. Will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad he is enjoying his time with his family.

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry about this. I'm glad the doctors know what the problem is. My prayers are there for y'all. May God bring healing to his body while supplying all needs. We're here for you.

God bless,

Joan

i'm so sorry you didn't get better news. i know way more about kidney cancer than i ever wanted to but i can tell you, there are several new chemo drugs out there that are showing great promise is halting the progression of this disease. best of luck to you both, you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Oh TJ I'm so sorry. I'm at a loss for words so I'll just send HUGE ((((((((HUGS)))))))) I'm so glad that his family is there and that he's having fun visiting with them

(((HUGS))) TJ

Thanks guy's for the support I appreciate it. People have told me to go too face book, etc., but this here is my family, I belong here. I didn't know that about the fluid.

Today we went to the Surgery Center and got a Port a Cath in the sub clavin for his chemo so they don't have to use his veins. We got there at 9 am and didn't get home till after 5 pm. We were exhausted, my husbands son and daughter and law fixed us a taco dinner and his son had done some projects for my husband. Love you all, TJ

I'm so glad to hear that your husband's family is supportive. That will help so much. Hang in there girl, and don't forget to take care of yourself too!

TJ, I am sorry you did not get better news. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I am glad that his family is here, for him and for you. You know we are here for you.

I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis. I will keep your husband and your entire family in my prayers.

Latest posts

Back