Good rain sheets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What rain sheet do you reccondmend?

I just bought my two the Kingston turnout blanket but its a bit heavy this time of year.

We get a lot of afternoon thunderstorms in va.

your post makes me giggle.....in a good way!!! To answer your question I bought several from Ozark one year and they were on special...Im sorry but I cant remember the actual brand name. but I always do recommend Ozark for blankets and sheets...they have a nice variety and price range.

The reason I giggle is I used to run out and sheet and blanket for every rain drop and chilly night...and Florida is very rarely that cold. Now I just let them be or in thunder or really bad rain bring them back in the barn. I was always afraid they'd melt....I wish now I could just hand them a bar of soap and remind them to wash behind their ears!!

Your being a good horsey mom.....and I understand the horrible thunderstorms...we get those almost every afternoon here in Fla. during the summer.

Agreed, i giggle when i hear of people bundling up for 40 degrees! here in NY clipped ponies get blankets when the low is less than 40, and bundled up hardcore if less than 10. In his woollies, my guy went all winter with a reasonably thin blanket. If it got in the negatives he got his hood and a thicker one, but between 0 and. 30, my little man was quite fine. Never had a sick or shivering horse and we hit -15 routinely it seemed this winter. Obviously old and young are different. Remember, if you are cold, a horse still has a horse hair coat on! They might be hot!

I'd prefer a horse a little cold than sweated up under a blanket in the cold. If its rainy, I think a lot of them enjoy it, especially after a super hot spell. Otherwise, they have a shed.

However, I have a tough one sheet, which is fairly waterproof. I use it for shows and traveling in the rain to keep my white horse white! I coated it with some camp dry, makes it extra tough!

What should you get? Nothing. Not for summer. He's going to get clamy under there and sick as he could be. Use your barn to keep him dry..

Latest posts

Back