Good news X 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperhill

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, my friends mare foaled out the most beautiful buckskin pinto colt. He is just exactly what I always wanted in color. His pinto markings are just perfect, in fact, except for being a "he", he is just perfect all over!
default_wub.png
: I have been coveting thine friends foal for a while now. Finally last night about 10:30, one of my maiden mares who hasn't really impressed me with her signs to date, decided to surprise us all.

Not only is Mystery's baby a buckskin pinto, IT IS A FILLY!!!! :new_shocked: :aktion033: :new_shocked:

You have to understand, up to this point, the filly fairy has been decidedly missing around here. We have only had two other fillys and FIVE colts! My daughters and I have been understandably concerned about the shift in the balance of power! :lol: With this little filly, we have started our comeback!

The other surprise is that she is a minimal pinto! She has white on the withers and around the tail, and white socks. Dam is a palamino with no markings at all, and sire is a buckskin--neither is a pinto. The only thing I can think of is the dam is a great grand-daughter of Fisher's Jim Dandy, who was a black and white pinto. I had no idea a pinto gene could hang in there that long with out rearing it's head.

This little sweetheart doesn't have as nice of pinto coloring as my friends colt, but I'll take her!!

Much to my dismay, the batteries were dead in my camera so they are currently recharging. As soon as it is up and running again I will add some photos.

Thanks for sharing my joy and excitement!

WooHoo JOY times 2!! yay cant wait to see pics of your flashy little lady
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

What a very special surprise, Congratulations!

"CONGRATULATIONS!!"

Wow!! A buckskin pinto, and A FILLY!!!! Two of my very favorites!!

Doesn't come much better then that!!

Looking forward to pictures!

COngratulations on your two new buckskin pinto fillies!! You are so lucky! I was hoping for a buckskin this year also, but it was not to be.

:aktion033: CONGRATULATIONS! :aktion033:

Buckskin Pinto is one of my favorites! Can't wait for pics!

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THE BUCKSKIN COLOUR, IVE YET TO SEE A BUCKSKIN MINI IN IRELAND MMMMMM NOW THERES A THOUGHT
default_yes.gif
: CONGRATULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Latest posts

Back