Good Luck to all our Northern friends!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWC sr.

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop and take a moment to say good luck with this upcoming storm SANDY. Hope it all blows over quickly for eveyone. If anyone thinks we can help from down here in Texas let us know, we have been thru a number of these storms over the years with our horses and family!!

Vaya Con Dios my friends!!!!
default_pray.gif

Its rather crazy here in Ohio, so I can only imagine what it is like farther east! God bless everyone taking this in stride...

Our biggest concern is a tree falling on a fence, which is only minor considering what other have to worry about....

My minis have been safe and sound in our new little barn all day today. It sounds really rough out there tonight! But last time I checked Misty and Josie were both fine, they ate all their feed and Josie was laying down sleeping!! Can't wait until morning, the wind is so loud and the rain is beating against our windows, I hope I can get some sleep!!

I have been thinking of ya'll up north all day! My laptop says that Sandy made landfall. Ill be praying for all of you up there from down here in Texas!

I'm hoping all of you are fine through this storm. I see on the news that it hit land. Good luck to all of you. And I hope the worst that happens is a lot of extra rain with no damage .

Things have been pretty crazy here, and I'm in Western New York, far from the East Coast. Feeding was hard, doors slamming, the rain was blinding, water is seeping through any and all gaps in the doors, and we haven't even been hit yet! Not sure what I'm going to do about turn out tomorrow, as the "dry lot" is under water. I can hear the wind roaring by as I type. The horses are in safe and sound with a good layer of bedding in their stalls with warm water, everything is closed up except for a window in each stall for ventilation. I can only imagine what those farther East are dealing with! Atlantic City looks like it's gone, and New York City is under water. Stay safe and dry everyone!! Hope that everyone and their horses fare well through this.

Dan.

Prayers for all those up North...

we came through good no damage and horses all fine in their stalls

the wind was scary for sure but everything seems good this morning

we are about 1 hr from Atlantic City and were very lucky

Many prayers have been said for my friends up north I've been so worried about them
default_pray.gif
so far I've only heard back from 2 of all the ones I emailed. Watching this all on the news is very scary. Down here in Ga. we are seeing the effects of Sandy as cold air and very windy, the main problem here is limbs and branches falling from the stress the trees were under during the droughts we had. I am SO grateful she did not make landfall on the Ga. Fla. coast that is one HUGE storm! I hope people will check in here as they can.

Here in Southern Maryland by the Chesapeake Bay we did surprisingly well. We never lost power and no down trees.. A lot of flooding in areas around me (not at my location). Sustained winds in the 50-60 mph range, gusts to 75. Overall, very good. Horses are safe, people are safe.

So far, so good for us in northern CT, but the storm seems to be not quite over yet. Horses are good, and back out. We haven't lost power yet... except long enough to have to reset all the digital clocks. Parts of our state were really hard hit though, with at least 2 deaths, and over 600,000 without power. Most schools and businesses are still closed today but they did re-open the highways.

Latest posts

Back