Golf Carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinyMiteVillage

Reaction score
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH..............I finally got me a golf cart and a Baja dirt-bike (like the ones from Tractor Supply). I am so excited. I have been looking for one for a long time. I know what I want to do to it but wanted to get some other ideas from some of the LB crowd on what they have done to theirs. Mine is nothing fancy it is 1995 EZ-GO, electric model. It has the one seat in teh front with the basket on the back and a place to fasten the golf bags, I plan on taking that off. It also has a small space on the back to set a cooler I guess if thats not what it is for it sounds good anyways..........lol.....it has a roof on it also. But my toy aussie, Elliott, likes to sit in the basket because he can see where we are going and where we have been, besides Cowgirl (our overweight red heeler) takes up the other half of the front seat along with our bassett hound/jack russell cross,Tater.

I just tell the girls and Elliott "lets go" or Load Up" and they beat me to it running wide open. My husband is gonna put my tag our sons had made for my F250 on it. It says "Mama's Ride"...........lol......
default_new_shocked.gif
I am so excited about my "Mutt-Mobile".

This is what I want to do to it.......all in good time of course:

New paint job -have not decided on color yet (but I love pink)

Lift Kit

Knobby Tires

A flat bed (then the dogs can ride on it and my hubby can sit beside me

headlights and rear lights

Lets see everyones pics of their "Tricked Out Carts" I need some more or different ideas. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I will have to resize my pic or figure out how to add it so ya'll can see the Mutt-Mobile........hehehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations - you will sure enjoy it! I don't know how I lived without mine LOL. It's pretty plain vanilla aside from a farm logo I had put on the front, but it has saved lots of walking with feed and allowed me to work horses out in the field in straight lines as opposed to always round penning them. I'm a fan
default_smile.png
. (my newer one from World has the AMHA logo, nothing elaborate but it's faster!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
)

Jan

We love our golf cart...we have a blast on it. In the summer we keep it up north at our camp, ride all the trails, ours is electric too, you can sneak right up on wildlife. Ours is also an EZGO we have put lots of $$ in ours...lift kit, big tires, suped up motor (we can dang near climb a tree with it), new dash, back seat, radio, lights, new body, crome, tinted windshield...you can spend ALOT of money on them!

here is a great website Buggies unlimited, they also have a forum, very helpful people on it.

Here is when we first got our cart:

HPIM1724.jpg

Here it is after the renovations:

HPIM1769.jpg

Have fun with it!

That is way to cool. I love it. I had been wanting one for a long time but never came across any deals. But then I did and I am tickled pink.......hehehehe.

How much on average does a lift kit cost? Our driveway is 1/2 mile long so I have fun riding to the mailbox with all the dogs onboard.....lol.....Plus I drive it up on the hill to check the water. It sure has helped my back out. I plan on taking it to the saddle club for when we have those two day events and I have to go around and check campsites and collect for the rental will be a whole lot easier instead of walking the perimiter of the 40 acres. We have a little over 100 electrical hookups and such..........

I know there are more out there that have golf carts or kawaski mules, or john deere gators (my dream wheels).....lol............come on gang share them pics and info about your golf carts. PWEEZE
default_saludando.gif

How much on average does a lift kit cost?
We bought our lift kit off of ebay (also a great place for golf cart stuff), it came in a package deal, it included the lift kit, 4 nubby tires(and rims) and the back seat. With Shipping it was around $800, this was a couple years ago so I'm sure it's gone up a bit. The back seat folds down to make a flat bed to haul stuff. Instead of painting ours, we just bought a whole new shell already painted (Ebay $700). Most everything else came from buggies unlimited. The crome side panels and crome plate in front, woodgrain dash (dash $100), steering wheel, buggies unlimited as well, can't remember how much for all the little stuff. Radio/cd player and speakers are just your basic car kind (wal-mart). lights (walmart). New windshield $100 from buggies unlimited. I can't remember what else he did to it.

Our is a 2003 EZGO PDS. We blew the original motor up on ours. Here is the thing, when you add the lift kit and nubby tires it puts strain on the stock motor. If you are just going for short rides, not alot of hills, it should not be a problem at all. But like I said, we ride the trails and sometimes we take 4 people. We would go 20 miles at a time (woods). The stock motor could not handle that with the lift kit and big tires. A new motor (installed by a pro) was aroune $1,000. So do take that into consideration when putting on a lift kit/big nubby tires. Buggies Unlimited forum is a great place to get info like that. Someone on that forum warned my hubby that we would blow the motor with the lift/tires and they were right...lol.

Your husband (and/or you) will have fun working on it. They are very easy to work on. Nice thing about the electric is you can add little bit to it here and there for minimal $, but it can add up too. Bad thing about them, batteries are expensive (we need new ones this spring). Batteries will last a long time if you aren't making long trips like we do. If you ever have any questions about anything, feel free to pm/email me. My hubby loves to talk carts!

We left our Chariot up north that goes with the cart...we have two dogs and up north when we ride from the camp to the lake (about 1/2 mile) we would take the dogs. My lab is over 100lbs and there just wasn't room for him, so my hubby took a lawnmower cart, painted it to match the cart. We bolted a metal cage in it. And he put a hitch on the cart. So when we take the dogs, they ride in the chariot! They love it, but it is a rough ride for them...no suspension in those little carts so we don't go far. But it looks like a traveling zoo when we haul them around.

Again if you have any questions you can pm or email us [email protected].

Have fun and congrats!

How much do these tricked out golf carts cost? We just bought a Rhino from Yamaha, it was only $7000, gas powered, basically an ATV version of a golf cart. Can go 40mph, has a dump body, can get it outfitted with a radio and spotlights. Comes standard with headlights, taillights, etc. Not much bigger than a golf cart too!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much do these tricked out golf carts cost? We just bought a Rhino from Yamaha, it was only $7000, gas powered, basically an ATV version of a golf cart
It all depends what they've done to them. In our case, if we were to sell ours (w/o new batteries) I would HOPE to get about $4500-$5000, basically what we put into it and the cost of the cart...but in today's economy, I'm sure we'd take a loss. Some of the fancy ones can go way over $10,000, some can seat 8 people, bus like. It all depends on the motor and such.

I like the Rhino's, we almost bought one instead of a cart. I like the fact with gas, you can't get stranded (or if you run out, you can put more gas in)...can't do that with an electric cart. Also Rhino much faster, our cart only goes about 18-20mph, but we are normally in the woods with it in tight spaces so don't require lots of speed. The main reason we opted for an electric cart over a gas one (or a Rhino) is the quiet, it makes no noise at all. I would love to have a Rhino too, they are neat as heck!

I have one for around here...generally dont use it, its light light green (very pale green) and im hoping to put the green creek logo on it this winter, will have to get some photos tonight of it. Its just in the garage covered up...use to use it to unload hay ext and drive around the farm, especially at night when its really scary out (
default_laugh.png
) but dad has a smaller tractor now that is more conveinient for unloading and hauling stuff now...

Back