Gold Seal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Farmhand

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can find information about "Gold Seal Foundation Stamped". Thanks

In ref. to AMHR/ASPC

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewella

Reaction score
The gold seal on an ASPC Shetlands papers mean the pony is Foundation Certified. A Foundation Certified pony cannot have any "B" papered ponies in its pedigree for 4 generations not counting the individual itself. That means one more generation than appears on the papers. Ponies with "B" papers have more than 1/8 outcross breeding (Hackney, Welsh, Americana or Harness Show Pony).

To be Foundation Certified a pony must come from two Foundation Certified parents OR have its papers submitted to the ASPC with a $10 fee and have its pedigree researched and certified. If the pony is eligible the ASPC will then affix the gold Foundation Seal and print the ponies Foundation # at the top of the papers.

Lewella - who has 17 Foundation Certified Shetlands

Farmhand

Reaction score
Lewella said:
The gold seal on an ASPC Shetlands papers mean the pony is Foundation Certified.  A Foundation Certified pony cannot have any "B" papered ponies in its pedigree for 4 generations not counting the individual itself.  That means one more generation than appears on the papers.  Ponies with "B" papers have more than 1/8 outcross breeding (Hackney, Welsh, Americana or Harness Show Pony). 
To be Foundation Certified a pony must come from two Foundation Certified parents OR have its papers submitted to the ASPC with a $10 fee and have its pedigree researched and certified.  If the pony is eligible the ASPC will then affix the gold Foundation Seal and print the ponies Foundation # at the top of the papers. 

Lewella - who has 17 Foundation Certified Shetlands

344185[/snapback]

Thanks for the information, is there a site that you know of that has this information or is it just from your knowledge.

We have two that are Foundation Certified.

Lewella

Reaction score
For some unknown reason there is nothing about the Foundation division on the ASPC/AMHR website.

I've been breeding and certifying ponies since the Foundation Division started (own #184 - there are now over 2200 ponies Certified) so learned the requirements from day one.
I love that I can now use the online studbooks and find out for myself prior to purchasing a pony if it is Foundation eligible instead of having to wait for the ASPC to do the research after I've sent them $10 and bought a pony that might not work in my breeding program.

Farmhand

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I have tried doing a lot of "search's" can cannot come up with anything about it. That is why I was asking if you knew of any sites.

Latest posts