Giving your own shots - scary?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember, if the shot administers the shot and there is any kind of reaction that requires the vet to come back out, the vaccine company will pay your vet bill.
Do you mean if the "vet" (not shot) administers the shot and there is any kind of reaction...

Really? I did not know that. I always wondered what they meant if you give the shot it's your responsibility if there is any reaction.

Have you ever had a company reimburse you for an actual farm call caused by a vaccine reaction?

I've had that happen before where the vet had to come back out after a vaccine, but I had to foot the bill.....

What steps would you have to take if you do need to have the company reimburse you?

That is weird, once I had a filly react to an IN Strangles shot, we sent in lab tests and such, came back as all normal but the filly had really goopy snot, goopy eyes, and she coughed...we later decided she had a reaction from the tube being too long that went up her nose but I still paid for that one...but technically I should have had the farm call and the shot removed from my bill?

I DID actually try giving my own shots! Though I think from now on I still prefer paying just $35 more for the vet to come do it...lol...i'm too jumpy!

Latest posts

Back