Gas prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minimor

Reaction score
Before Katrina hit, our gas was 104.9 per litre. It took a little bit over a week for Katrina to affect our prices, but 10 days after NO got wiped out our gas jumped up to 119.9/litre, or about $4.54 per US gallon. By Sept. 10th it had dropped a whole 3 cents per litre. Friday morning when I got to town I filled up my truck, and it was way down, to 104.5/l again. Good deal I thought. By the time I headed for home that day it was down again, to 99.9/litre, or $3.78/US gallon.

Nice surprise, I really didn't expect to see it drop below $1.00/l again!

In our small town in extreme SW Missouri we have 3 gas stations. One has regular unleaded for $2.38/gal, another for $2.50/gal, and the other for $2.29/gal. I got bad gas from the $2.38 place and it's right next door to me. Think I'll go to town for the $2.29/gal
yes.gif
I've been hearing that it's supposed to skyrocket again once Rita hits
no.gif

Edited to add that before Katrina hit, the cheapest place in town was at $2.51/gal.

Last edited by a moderator:
pre katrina 2.43 post katrina 2.99 this monday 2.85 today 2.87

Hasn't budged a cent here in Central Oregon.

MA

its $2.47 here which is cheaper then before Katrina.

Two days ago I paid $2.499 a gallon. It was up to $3.19 after Katrina hit. Still costing $50 to fill up the tank.
no.gif

Fran

Last edited by a moderator:
Was up to $3.05 when Katrina hit...now it's down to $2.79...that won't last long now that Rita's on her way.

Ours is 2.79 here in alabama. I just heard on my local news predictions are that it will be around
new_shocked.gif
5$'s a gallon
new_shocked.gif
after rita hits............can you say DEPRESSION......

I dont know about the rest of the world but I cant afford that and they dont allow wagons on the side of the road!!!!!!!!!!

I just filled my car up today and it was 48.00 and i drive a 4 cylendar toyota.

Yikes...it was $3.19 per gallon for Diesel here at its highest, and it has been down for about ten days to $2.79 per gallon.

I will be filling up again very soon, though I have been watching reports that say it is going to be harder for gas companies to gouge in situations like this and they may make them pay back what they have "stolen" from customers. How they are going to get it back to whom it goes is beyond me, and I'm real skeptical, but I do hope it has some effect on keeping things sane (I have a hard time believing that gas prices can rise in a matter of hours when the price has stayed the same for what they have in the tank...)

Liz M.

$2.67 in south central wisconsin but it had been up to about $3.29 after katrina. jennifer
saludando.gif

This morning our Regular Unleaded was $2.49 at the cheapest place in town. I expect it will go up again with Rita about to hit the rest of the Gulf Coast refineries etc..

hmmm

JJay

Prescott, Arizona: Cheap! "Only" $2.89 a gallon last night for regular unleaded. It's been over $3.00 a gallon for weeks now so I'll be filling up again later today.

It is 2.69 today in western PA, which is bad enough for me being 17 years old, i drive a big ford truck......bad gas mileage to begin with.

Rumor has it that its gonna be up to 5-6 bucks a gallon after Rita hits.

I will be flat out stranded if this happens. *sigh*
no.gif

Latest posts

Back