Fun day at Blue Blazes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferin

Reaction score
We went to Jim and Maryann Frazier's farm (Blue Blazes) yesterday to have a play day. I took my new show gelding along to drive him for the first time since I got him. Spirit did alot better then I expected. He had only been drivin a couple times since nationals last year by his previous owner....he acted like he hadnt even had a break from it. Im so happy with my boy!
default_wub.png
:

PICT0026-2.jpg

PICT0021-2.jpg

We are working on training Spirit for obstacle. Three times we went over the bridge....moving his feet one by one to get him to walk over it. Then Maryann brought a treat over and held it in front of his nose....the little booger walked right over the bridge like there was nothing to it. He knows how to get what he wants!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

PICT0036-2.jpg

Spirit came to us quite thin. We're working on building him up with exercise and good feed. He looks alot better now then when he got here. The trip from UT brought him down quite a bit...it was 2100 miles.

PICT0040-2.jpg

Then we had dress up time! Im sure the horses just loved us for this! :lol:

Jim and Dancer

PICT0045-2.jpg

Me and Slash

PICT0046-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I posted this last night but for some reason it didn't show up! Now I've got to hustle before work.

Anyway I just wanted to say that it looks like you had a lot of fun and to thank you for posting those great pictures. I like the western halter in the last two shots and I'm glad you're putting some weight on that skinny gentleman you've got. He looks like a real sweetheart and a good driving horse. You might consider tightening up his breastcollar a little so he can pull from his chest, it would make things a little more comfortable for him. Great job! They all look wonderful and the people look like they were having a great time too.
default_yes.gif
:

Gotta run!

Leia

Spirit is doing a great job. He has the best manners , and is a real sweetheart.

Our Roundpen is not level. It has a slight hill . The pic of the loose breast strap he is going down hill.

It was perfect on the level. Guess we should level it up a little but is so good to work on those butt muscles when they are pulling up hill.

Ferin you are doing a wonderful Job with those horses. :aktion033: :aktion033: Keep it up
default_yes.gif
: Maryf

Latest posts

Back