From Jolly Ole England!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fizzy...I still think its neat...I'm not sure I would want to drive to work everyday in it...but, Its pretty neat looking. I love antiques...and, lets face it...you all have some serious antiques and, they all are price high for a lot of "mewny...HA

I'll post it in your honor Miss Fizzy!

Ok, you know I am teasing you
wink.gif

Ok, though give it up...what the hec is kitch?? I'm thinking its not good
wink.gif

And, I do have to say...Mewsuem- nice fizzy -nice...you do have a sense of humor...ok, just kidding you again.

lis

GREENWOODMINIS said:
Ok, though give it up...what the hec is kitch?? I'm thinking its not good
wink.gif
And, I do have to say...Mewsuem- nice fizzy -nice...you do have a sense of humor...ok, just kidding you again.

lis

520904[/snapback]

I may be butting in here, but I get the distinct impression that kitch is closely akin to hockey.
xkngt.gif

HOCKEY?!?!

Wishful, our tour was in 1989 with Globus Tours out of Toronto. That probably wouldn't help you one bit.
wink.gif
I loved everything about that trip, especially the fact that we had NO rain, and it was in the last week of March!! My favourite place was Edinburgh. I think it's theeee most beautiful city I've ever seen.

ALL THE CALVARY HORSES ARE SHIPPED OVER FROM IRELAND TO TRAIN TO BE THE QUEENS HORSES THERE ALL BLACK AND UNTOUCHED AND USUALLY IRISH DRAUGHT ,
yes.gif

Kitsch- "tacky" in poor taste, over the top,pretentious. From the Yiddish.

Sunny,

We stayed in Edinburgh as well...before driving our way across Scotland. My Husbands family comes from there...they are Scots! The historic mile is amazing huh. We had so much fun going through the big castle there...we all pretended it was ours for the day HA!! We were Bravehearts for the day HA!

Ohh, Ohhhh, Ohhhhhh I almost forgot...we got to see Prince Charles wife up close and personal...Ill post the pic of that too. I always have my camera ready...so, when we saw these two limos pull up and, the police held back traffic...I was ready...ok, ok the waving big haired blond lady was a tip off too HA!!

We were so excited until we went into a little shop close to were we saw her...the shop owner informed us...they all strongly dislike her...so, to say the least...we kept our excitement to ourselves
wink.gif

ok, Ill be back with that picture and of course Janes beloved Carriage photo
wink.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
she may want to frame it for her bedside...just kidding Fizzy Girl!!

Shane...we loved Ireland the most...I am Irish girl so, I felt right at home...the people ar AWESOME!!!

Ok, here is my royal photo...we got pretty excited. Jane, do you think I am tacky again HA! Ok, forget I asked
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DSC01054.jpg
[/img]

We were standing there going...Hey...thats you know who
biggrin.gif

Ok, Jane here is your "favorite" Carriage.
wink.gif
I think its pretty neat... after all if your the Queen - why not???? ... It looks like fairy tale carriage to me...all blinged out
aktion033.gif
DSC00736.jpg
[/img]

I guess when they made this they were thinking "more it better" kinda of thing!!

GREENWOODMINIS said:
wink.gif
  I think its pretty neat... after all if your the Queen - why not???? ... It looks like fairy tale carriage to me...all blinged out
aktion033.gif
DSC00736.jpg
[/img]I guess when they made this they were thinking "more it better" kinda of thing!!

520991[/snapback]

holy cr@p that is some serious bling......totally over the top...I LOVE IT
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
but I adore Gaudy gilt antiquities
wink.gif

runamuk...I LIKE YOU!!!! Great minds think alike
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
!!!

wishful...I will get my travel list out and send it to you...I would be happy to share all. We stayed in some pretty neat places...mostly bed and breakfast...but, a few castles as well...they had so much charm and history...I am in love with that place and, can't wait to go back again to see it all again
yes.gif

GREENWOODMINIS said:
wink.gif
  I think its pretty neat... after all if your the Queen - why not???? ... It looks like fairy tale carriage to me...all I guess when they made this they were thinking "more it better" kinda of thing!!

520991[/snapback]

Humm... Wonder how many minis it would take to get that thing to move!!

Shari...that is too funny..emmm, I think it would be kinda like cinderllas pumkin carriage with the litltle mice pulling it. Maybe the minis could ride in it -inside of pulling it???? I can just see all those little heads poking out of the windows
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It kind of reminds me of Louis XIV who went in debt to build his gold castle while everyone was starving.

My husband wants to go to Scotland and England within the next two years. I would love to know where you went.

I love the Louis stuff
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

ok truth be told I do NOT fly however I have a dream...to buy a castle somewhere over there and retire in it
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
most don't know this but I am a serious fair tale romantic
wub.gif
happily ever after and knights on white horses.....
biggrin.gif

Oh! I remember that carriage! It was awesome!

I think tomorrow I'll be rooting around in the basement for all the postcards and stuff that my mom and I brought back all those years ago.

What a great thread! It's a nice stroll down memory lane for me.

I'm in the minority, or possibly the silent majority- I did not like Diana at all, a silly little girl who never grew up and hid behind her emotional problems. It could all have been avoided if the Queen had allowed Charles to marry Camilla right at the beginning- before either of them were married. The true fairy tale is that their love endured. I am glad Charles has been given a chance at happiness at last, and sorry that they had to go through all that they did just for the sake of protocol- look at the "rabble" the rest of the family has become, and Charles had to suffer it all because he's the heir!!

Hypocritical nonsense- the same "protocol" wrecked Princess Margaret's life, I though we had moved on since then!!

Try this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/search/ext/all/n/w...ri/castles.html

as a starting point for a visit- I hope you could add a few Mini Horse Farms to the list- if I know where you are I can point you in the right direction!!!

Latest posts

Back