Found a Home for Slaughter Bound Horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I went to a big horse auction (my husband was making me batty and needed to get out of the house). Bought two colts that were being bid upon by the meat guy. One is a registered, tri-color Half-Arabian yearling.....the other is a medicine hat APHA weanling.

These fellows are the friendliest, most well behaved horses and such a joy to have in "the other pasture". They need some groceries, so we bring them in twice daily for beet pulp/grain. Bpy, do they have the routine down pat!

Today, my friend bought the Half-Arabian yearling for exactly what I paid....and will board him here with us! Cheryl and her 7 year old daughter are so thrilled! This afternoon, when they brought "Hildago" in for grain, they brushed him in the stall while he munched away. Nothing spooks this guy....it's so hard to imagine that such a beautiful horse is perfect on the inside too (loves children).

Perhaps we'll keep his buddy here and raise him to maturity....just don't want to break up the twosome, as they're so bonded.

Thanks for letting me share!

saludando.gif

You did great!
yes.gif
It's amazing how things sometimes work out just so perfect. I can only imagine how good you are feeling right about now. I'd like to think that the former owner just had no where else to turn when she put the horses there.

That's great, it's always nice to know you are doing something to help. Of course we can't save the world, but one horse at a time is a wonderful way to start. I'm sure they have a wonderful and loving home now.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I just love stories like this! Thank God for happy endings! (or new beginnings!
biggrin.gif
)

Leya

That is wonderful!!!
aktion033.gif
Thanks for the happy story!!!!
aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back