Found a dog...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammyL

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mother and I found a puppy. He is a medium sized boy, but very sweet. He has been kept away from our other dog for the last few days in case he is sick, but he seems to be healthy.

If no one claims him, we will be keeping him (or at least, we want too!).

Problem is, our Beagle is not excited about the pup. We introduced them on neutral ground, and that was fine, she just ignored him other than initial sniffing. We bring them in the house, and she gets upset. I know she is only doing it because it is her house. So, my question is, how can we get her to tolerate him, without causing too much anxiety on both parts?

He is young, judging by his teeth. And neutered. So I am thinking someone will come for him.

In the meantime though, I would like to live in a relatively calm home. Haha.

Have you tried calling animal control so that they could determine if the dog had a microchip?

Please try calling area vets, animal control, etc. Somebody may be seriously missing him. I remember when I was a kid, we lost our dog Nicki. We were so upset, we found him several days later.

Most vets can scan the dog for a microchip. Look for tattoos too. If none, put up fliers, scan the internet, check with the SPCA, local rescue agencys.

Keep the puppy away from your home dog, crated if necessary and clean up poop in yard. You know nothing about the puppy. Puppy could be incubating parvo or anything , better safe than sorry. I waited 2 weeks after finding a dog this summer to bring him anywhere near my dogs and that was after the dog was scanned for a microchip, examined by a vet, checked for worms and vaccinated. Good luck. Hope you find his owner. we didn't find our dogs owner, he is our newest addition and has since been neutered as well. Adair

PS, I adoped a pup from the spca once, it died 7 days later of parvo. It showed no symptoms when I adopted the pup. Better safe than sorry, you are sweet to take the poor little baby off the streets and care for him. Bless you for not just walking away. If he does have a caring owner, they are lucky you found their baby.

Latest posts

Back