For those who love the Budweiser Clydesdales -- a video on their training

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing! Thank you for sharing. These horses are incredible to say the least. Such a connection between the animals and their handler. If only...
default_smile.png

I just love watching that. I always like the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials. I don't do beer personally, but I sure do do horses!

I don't like Bud (I like microbrews), but I love the Budweiser Clydes. I love seeing their training approach and hearing all the "good boys" and positive reinforcement. Makes me want to get out and teach the ponies a few tricks. Flash is already a practical joker, and I could so see him playing "fetch."

Here's an embarrassing story on myself: In college, I played in the basketball pep band; this was a great way to get into perpetually sold-out games, and the after-game keggers were always fun, whether you drank beer or not.

At every game we played the Budweiser theme song. It's a pretty boring song, so at one game I said: "You know, for all the times we play this stupid song, we should get free beer."

This was met by stunned silence, as everyone stared at me. Finally, one of the other saxophonists leaned over and said: "Where the h*** do you think those kegs come from?"

Evidently, sales reps across the country courted (and perhaps still court) all the pep and marching bands, fueling after-game parties in exchange for free promotion.

I remember a few years back they were going to "Do Away" with the Clydesdale part "Ambassador" to the Budweiser Brewery (due to costs) Such a brew ha ha started that they quickly changed their minds..
default_yes.gif

I have never seen that!

Thank you for posting Susanne. Made my day!

I've never seen that video either! Absolutely amazing! I remember a few years back they arrived into town in their super-size trailer and pulled into our local equestrian center... we all pulled over to the side of the road to let the trailer pass and were awestruck that the true "kings" had arrived to town
default_smile.png

Liz N.

I love the Budweiser Clydes. From watching that I think there may be a few videos I haven't seen but of those I have I like the snowball fight and the one where they bow in New York, that one was so well done and so touching a tribute. Amazing people that plan the 'story' and those who actually train the horses do a fabulous job. I'm not a beer drinker either but I'm so glad enough people are that it supports those horses and the ads.

Wow, that's such a great video! I always watch for the Clydesdale commercial(s) during the Super Bowl. A few years ago there wasn't one and I believe there was a backlash.

Seems like Budweiser's trying to promote themselves as the choice for 20-something partiers now and forgetting its roots.

Speaking of beer commercials, as a kid I loved the stampeding Rainier Beer bottles! I'm sure NW folks remember those.

I remember that one...and the motorcycle with doppler effect -- Raaaaiiii--Neeeeeeeeeerrr--Beeeeeeeerrrrr...

Latest posts

Back